new Iron & Wine - "Kiss Each Other Clean"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I did not necessarily give KEOC a negative initial review, I was very skeptical. I really loved Sam's early lo-fi / acoustic stuff. The Kitchen Sink arrangements were something I had to get past.

But once I ignored my expectations and accepted the record as-is (for what it is), I have to admit that I really like it. Sam is, after all, a great songwriter and this shows thru any arrangement. Songs like Rabbit Will Run, Big Burned Hand and Monkeys Uptown are very enjoyable. I am espescially fond of the the closer: Your Fake Name. The coda of "We will become..." is mesmerizing.

So far, my album of the year.

I saw this album in the "best sellers" rack at Target the other day. I thought that was kind of odd.

that is odd. btw, i'm sure we've walked past each other at Target :shifty

that is odd. btw, i'm sure we've walked past each other at Target :shifty

Maybe so. I rarely go there anymore, thanks to a wife who is willing to do our Target run by herself, but I urgently needed a large padded envelope and a box of wine.

We usually go to the one near Northlake.

Maybe so. I rarely go there anymore, thanks to a wife who is willing to do our Target run by herself, but I urgently needed a large padded envelope and a box of wine.

We usually go to the one near Northlake.

Us too!