Wilco to headline a night at Sasquatch!

yeah the view is insane, and the photo doesn't even capture the true awe of being there.

wow, Wilco to close the final day, that's pretty huge but don't you want something more epic and banging to finish a big fest? I'd probably favour Wilco during the day or at dusk.

the last Sasquatch I hit, it was REM, The Cure, and then Flaming Lips who closed the nights. The Lips did their UFO thing and it was so grand that I'm still shook from it 3 years later

wow, Wilco to close the final day, that's pretty huge but don't you want something more epic and banging to finish a big fest? I'd probably favour Wilco during the day or at dusk.

I think Wilco would be an awesome closer, but I understand your sentiments, it reminded me of the Woodstock in '94, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers played a smoking set that had the crowd pumped, then Peter Gabriel came out to close the weekend, now personally I love Gabriel, however looking around at the crowd I could see I was in the clear minority, tons of people flocked to the exits, and most of the rest spent their time during his set packing up, it was a bit a of a let down.

Yeah, you could assume that whoever plays before Wilco will be rocking harder, which would contradict the usual crescendo in which a big festival day is formatted. If they're doing it so people leave in a calm and orderly fashion then it's an insult to the band imo.

that said, there's probably enough Wilco fans in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland to warrant this, they deserve it and they'll bring the heat I'm sure

I think Wilco would be an awesome closer, but I understand your sentiments, it reminded me of the Woodstock in '94, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers played a smoking set that had the crowd pumped, then Peter Gabriel came out to close the weekend, now personally I love Gabriel, however looking around at the crowd I could see I was in the clear minority, tons of people flocked to the exits, and most of the rest spent their time during his set packing up, it was a bit a of a let down.

I'm not worried, the Decemberists play before Wilco, so it will be a perfect transition.

Is this really true? I have a chance to see Rodrigo Y Gabriela followed by the Decemberists, followed by Wilco in one show, and at the Gorge no less. That's a lineup made in heaven for my tastes. Every time I've seen the Decemberists (even before they were known much outside of the northwest), they've been really good live.