According to pitchfork and Rolling Stone he's got a new album coming out in June.

From Pitchfork:

Folksy Bon Iver mastermind Justin Vernon has certainly kept busy as of late, but it's been more than a minute since we've heard any word on the follow-up to Bon Iver's 2009 EP Blood Bank. Now, a Rolling Stone article sheds a bit of light on Bon Iver's forthcoming LP. The as-yet-untitled ten-song record is set for release some time in June.

According to Rolling Stone, experimental saxophonist Colin Stetson and pedal-steel guitarist Greg Leisz (Wilco, Joni Mitchell) were tapped to contribute to the record. Tracks include "Perth", which Vernon refers to as "a Civil War-sounding heavy metal song" and Rolling Stone reports that it features "a marching drum beat, a children's choir and wailing guitars," "Minnesota Wisconsin", and the closer "Beth/Rest", which Vernon claims is "definitely the part where you pick up your joint and re-light it." Okay!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he stays far far away from the auto-tune on this one.

I actually really like "Woods". I think it's a very creative use of auto-tune as opposed to using it to cover up horrible singing like most other "artists" use it for.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to this record.

I actually really like "Woods". I think it's a very creative use of auto-tune as opposed to using it to cover up horrible singing like most other "artists" use it for.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to this record.

I agree.

EDIT: Plus, it was used perfectly on Kanye's album.

• 3 weeks later...

ah ok. that's what i thought you were getting at.

have you heard any more of it, or is this the first stuff you've heard too?

of the final album, yeah.

i heard 3 rough mixes of songs back in November or December? this wasn't one of those.

I'm really looking forward to this.. For the record, my gut tells me this album has the potential to be a masterpiece... Maybe I feel that way after watching the little sneak video on his website.. Maybe after reading the description on the pitchfork site and how it took three years to make... I haven't been this excited about a new record in a while..

• 3 weeks later...

Tour dates (via pitchfork):

07-22-23 Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theatre

07-24 Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre

07-25 Indianapolis, IN - The Murat Theatre

07-27 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium

07-28 Atlanta, GA - Cobb Energy Performing Arts

07-29 Raleigh, NC - Raleigh Amphitheater

07-30 Richmond, VA - The National

08-01-02 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club

08-03 Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

08-05 Boston, MA - House of Blues

08-06 Holyoke, MA - Mountain Park

08-08 Toronto, Ontario - The Sound Academy

08-09 New York, NY - The United Palace Theatre

08-10 Brooklyn, NY - Prospect Park Bandshell

i thought that album for emma just came out this year?

:stunned

Time flies when you are having fun. Taking three years to make a second album, it better be good. Recording artists used to put out two albums a years back in the old days.

LouieB