Neil Young ticket prices

I suppose only Neil's accountant knows how much he makes. What is he spending it on? And you may be correct that the new records don't sell squat, but the old ones I bet do pretty well. If his records as a whole didn't sell enough Reprise would cut him loose, like all the big labels have done to his generation. But they let him put out whatever he wants, so I think he pays the bills.

LouieB

A lot of it is funding other people's research. Particularity, the Lionel Train stuff. I think in that book, the author states he made more money from the train stuff, than he did off the music stuff.

I doubt his old records sell all that much. Maybe Harvest.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of it is funding other people's research. Particularity, the Lionel Train stuff. I think in that book, the author states he made more money from the train stuff, than he did off the music stuff.

I doubt his old records sell all that much. Maybe Harvest.

I dunno...I would take the royalties from Harvest alone and live comfortably. Roll in the number of times Heart of Gold gets played on the radio still and you can live pretty well. Funding research is a good thing and nicely tax deductable.

I don't believe for a minute that he makes more money off Lionel trains than he does on music, but again, I could be wrong. Are that many people buying model trains these days? More than buy CDs, concert tickets, download music, movies, royalties from movies and TV shows that feature his music. If so he should pack it in and call it a day and just play with trains.

LouieB

I dunno...I would take the royalties from Harvest alone and live comfortably. Roll in the number of times Heart of Gold gets played on the radio still and you can live pretty well. Funding research is a good thing and nicely tax deductable.

I don't believe for a minute that he makes more money off Lionel trains than he does on music, but again, I could be wrong. Are that many people buying model trains these days? More than buy CDs, concert tickets, download music, movies, royalties from movies and TV shows that feature his music. If so he should pack it in and call it a day and just play with trains.

LouieB

That book is several years old now, of course. Maybe it meant just that one year.

Is Shakey any good? I've always just been a moderate NY fan until the past few months, so it might be time to check it out if it's worthwhile.

It's one of the best rock books ever written.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, for what it's worth, there are 3rd row tickets for the first night, and 8th row tickets for the second night still available haha.

Not to mention in the small venue, there are still hundreds of tickets left on scalping sites, which tells me that everyone, including neil, way overestimated the amount of demand there would be for tickets priced that high. if they don't drop the prices down quite a bit, this show will have a lot of open seats up front

So that means high ticket prices work out to the benefit of cash strapped fans and this thread is rendered moot.

eh, 400+ tickets for this show, cheapest one is 78 plus a combined $25 shipping and service charge. maybe the day before the show they will be cheap, but not yet i guess. says an awful lot there the show isn't sold out and there's still at very least 400 tickets through secondary sites.

http://www.stubhub.com/neil-young-tickets/neil-young-chicago-5-7-2011-1063376/

chicago theater holds 3,600 so, let's say there's a total of 600 tickets being sold through scalping, and at least another 400 i'm sure still available at box office, that means as of now close to 1/3 of the venue is open.

ouch

Chicago looks to be an aberration...maybe booking two shows there was a mistake, and they should have done one...take a look at the rest of the remaining dates. not many tickets on Stubhub.

http://www.stubhub.com/neil-young-tickets/

wow, holy crap. that's crazy. there's more tickets left for one chicago show then there are the other 6 combined. very strange. i know tickets went on sale a little later for the chicago show, maybe that's why. either way that's really a random thing

wow, holy crap. that's crazy. there's more tickets left for one chicago show then there are the other 6 combined. very strange. i know tickets went on sale a little later for the chicago show, maybe that's why. either way that's really a random thing

maybe chicago fans are smarter and spend money on solid sound:)

• 6 months later...

The mare soon after my entrance, rose from her mat, and coming up close, after having nicely observed my hands and face, gave me a most contemptuous look; then turning to the horse, I heard the word Yahoo often repeated betwixt them; the meaning of which word I could not then comprehend, although it were the first I had learned to pronounce; but I was soon better informed, to my everlasting mortification: for the horse beckoning to me with his head, and repeating the word Hhuun, Hhuun, as he did upon the road, which I understood was to attend him, led me out into a kind of court, where was another building at some distance from the house. Here we entered, and I saw three of these detestable creatures, whom I first met after my landing, feeding upon roots, and the flesh of some animals, which I afterwards found to be that of asses and dogs, and now and then a cow dead by accident or discase. were all tied by the neck with strong withes, fastened to a beam; they held their food between the claws of their forefeet, and tore it with their teeth.

The learning of this people is very defective, consisting only in morality, history, poetry, and mathematics, wherein they must be allowed to excel. But the last of these is wholly applied to what may be useful in life, to the improvement of agriculture, and all mechanical arts; so that among us it would be little esteemed. And as to ideas, entities, abstractions, and transcendentals, I could never drive the least conception into their heads.

The Emperor of Blefuscu having taken three days to consult, returned an answer consisting of many civilities and excuses. He said, that as for sending me bound, his brother knew it was impossible; that although I had deprived him of his fleet, yet he owed great obligations to me for many good offices I had done him in making the peace. That however both their Majesties would soon be made easy; for I had found a prodigious vessel on the shore, able to carry me on the sea, which he had given order to fit up with my own assistance and direction; and he hoped in a few weeks both empires would be freed from so insupportable an incumbrance.

I dared make no return to this malicious insinuation, which debased human understanding below the sagacity of a common hound, who has judgment enough to distinguish and follow the cry of the ablest dog in the pack, without being ever mistaken.

Having traveled about three miles, we came to a long kind of building, made of timber stuck in the ground, and wattled across; the roof was low, and covered with straw. I now began to be a little comforted, and took out some toys, which travelers usually carry for presents to the savage Indians of America and other parts, in hopes the people of the house would be thereby encouraged to receive me kindly. The horse made me a sign to go in first; it was a large room with a smooth clay floor, and a rack and manger extending the whole length on one side. There were three nags, and two mares, not eating, but some of them sitting down upon their hams, which I very much wondered at; but wondered more to see the rest employed in domestic business. These seemed but ordinary cattle; however, this confirmed my first opinion, that a people who could so far civilize brute animals, must needs excel in wisdom all the nations of the world. The gray came in just after, and thereby prevented any ill treatment which the others might have given me. He neighed to them several times in a style of authority, and received answers.

Loader with backhoe

Machine trader

Heavy equipment schools in pa

Heavy equipment parts for sale

Trailers in maryland

Operator jobs

Hydraulic hammer

Heavy machinery importers

Renting equipment

Caterpillar 963c

Enclosed trailers used

Used wheeled excavators

Heavy equipment operator positions

Excavators for sale

Freightliner trucks for sale

Komatsu pc 350

Used heavy equipment price guide

Heavy equipment operator jobs in canada

Lennon heavy equipment

Construction equipment rental rates

Heavy machinery sales

Da 2404

Texas heavy equipment

Sure trac trailers

Excavation training

Heavy machine shoes

Backhoes for sale

Loader backhoe

Operating backhoe

Backhoe for sale

Concrete block making machine

Caterpillar d5 for sale

Komatsu pc35mr-3

Lowboy trailers for sale

Heavy equipment schools in ontario

Enclosed auto trailers for sale

Jobs heavy equipment operator

Financing heavy equipment

Equipment operating school

Heavy equipment rentals

Heavy equipment appraisal services

Heavy equipment value guide

Heavy equipment operator school california

Used enclosed car hauler

How to move heavy equipment

Semi trucks

Heavy equipment training in pa

Pc50 komatsu

Army heavy equipment

Used komatsu equipment

Oh...I see. I guess I've never looked at it that way. Great post.

why did JT at the Orpheum say When polling the Audience How many have seen us in Boston Priorit

It did not count if you saw us with Neil?

Was it because Neil was such a draw they discounted their appearance ?

hmmmm

Great Show nonetheless

and just for the record I bought a Nosebleed for the last Neil show here in Boston (Wang Last Winter 80 bucks)

and moved to the 10 th row at the break what can I say Most of rows 9 & 10 were wide open