Well worth watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmy6g4ZgUuo

In case you are interested...

The following are 18 statistics that prove that the economy has not improved since Barack Obama became the president of the United States....

#1 Today there are 88 million working age Americans that are not employed and that are not looking for employment. That is an all-time record high.

#2 When Barack Obama was elected, the percentage of unemployed Americans that had been out of work for more than 52 weeks was less than 15%. Today, it is above 30%.

#3 There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in America today than there were when Barack Obama was inaugurated.

#4 When Barack Obama first took office, the number of "long-term unemployed workers" in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

#5 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is hovering close to an all-time record high.

#6 During the Obama administration, worker health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent.

#7 Since Barack Obama has been president, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by 90 percent.

#8 Since Barack Obama has been president, home values in the United States have declined by another 13 percent.

#9 Under Barack Obama, new home sales in the U.S. set a brand new all-time record low in 2009, they set a brand new all-time record low again in 2010, and they set a brand new all-time record low once again during 2011.

#10 Since Barack Obama took office, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.

#11 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased from 32 million to 46 million.

#12 The amount of money that the federal government gives directly to Americans has increased by 32 percent since Barack Obama entered the White House.

#13 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in "extreme poverty" is now sitting at an all-time high.

#14 When Barack Obama first took office, an ounce of gold was going for about $850. Today an ounce of gold costs more than $1700 an ounce.

#15 Since Barack Obama became president, the size of the U.S. national debt has increased by 44 percent.

#16 During Barack Obama's first two years in office, the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.

#17 During the Obama administration, the U.S. government has accumulated more debt than it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that Bill Clinton took office.

#18 The U.S. national debt has been increasing by an average of more than 4 billion dollars per day since the beginning of the Obama administration.

Oh, but Barack Obama is promising that things will be much better very soon. Barack Obama is pledging that 2 million more jobs will be added to the economy in 2012.

Do you believe him?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least 7 of those points are out and out complete lies. the rest are twisted manipulated GARBAGE!!

at least come with some real policy points to argue rather than lies from some shit website

if you dont think things are getting better you arent paying attention.

go poop on someone elses parade.

Since we're positing links to stuff other people wrote.... I got a chuckle outta this....

http://www.addicting...l-supporter-if/

1. You’ve never researched Ron Paul’s voting record.

2. You think it’s OK for businesses to discriminate against people based on their race, since Ron Paul thinks the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional.

3. You’re a supporter of the white supremacist organization StormFront.org, which has repeatedly endorsed and stated their support for Ron Paul.

4. You don’t care that Ron Paul was the ONLY congressman who voted against granting subpoena power to the independent panel responsible for investigating the BP oil spill.

5. You don’t like clean air and water, since Ron Paul wants to eliminate the EPA.

6. You don’t want to have a safety net in place, in case your house is destroyed by a tornado, hurricane, or some other natural disaster, since Ron Paul wants to eliminate FEMA.

7. You think all schools should be private, and that you should have to pay for your children to get an education, since Ron Paul wants to eliminate the Department of Education.

8. You think corporations should be allowed to do whatever they want, because Ron Paul wants to eliminate all regulations on corporations.

9. You are anti-choice, since Ron Paul believes that states should have the right to take away a woman’s choice over what she does with her body.

10. You support segregation, since Ron Paul doesn’t think schools should be forced to allow attendance based on race or ethnic background.

11. You support guns on airplanes, since Ron Paul thinks that 9/11 could have been prevented, if citizens were allowed to carry guns on airplanes.

12. You oppose equality for LGBT people, since Ron Paul doesn’t think the federal government should guarantee equal protection under the law for our LGBT brothers and sisters.

13. You don’t have a problem with people carrying guns near schools, since Ron Paul want to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act.

14. You oppose same-sex marriage, since Ron Paul was an original co-sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act in the House of Representatives, in 2004.

15. You don’t like having a good relationship with other countries around the world, since Ron Paul wants the United States to pull out of the United Nations.

16. You think the middle-class should have a higher tax burden than the wealthy, since Ron Paul’s tax plan would disproportionately favor the rich.

17. You want a President who would make more unilateral decisions and undo more progress in this country than George W. Bush could have ever hoped to accomplish.

18. You think that poor students shouldn’t be allowed to go to college, since Ron Paul wants to eliminate federal student loans.

19. You believe crazy conspiracy theories about globalization, and that the Zionists are trying to take over the world.

20. You think the 10th Amendment is the most important part of the Bill of Rights, even though it’s last on the list.

21. You’re mad at Obama because you believed him when he said he would end the war immediately, and he didn’t because he didn’t have the support of congress, but you believe Ron Paul could get it done immediately.

22. You think Ron Paul is leading a revolution, despite the fact that he hasn’t won a single primary.

That list is ridiculously stupid.

why?

Just based on its lack of logic and deduction. Take #7 as an example: "7. You think all schools should be private, and that you should have to pay for your children to get an education, since Ron Paul wants to eliminate the Department of Education."

So wanting to eliminate the federal Department of Education means that someone wants nothing but private schools? And most people in this country already pay for their children to get an education, private or public.

yeah but he doesnt believe in public schools does he?

from Ron Pauls site:

As an OB/GYN who delivered over 4,000 babies, Ron Paul knows firsthand how precious, fragile, and in need of protection life is.

Dr. Paul’s experience in science and medicine only reinforced his belief that life begins at conception, and he believes it would be inconsistent for him to champion personal liberty and a free society if he didn’t also advocate respecting the God-given right to life—for those born and unborn.

After being forced to witness an abortion being performed during his time in medical school, he knew from that moment on that his practice would focus on protecting life. And during his years in medicine, never once did he find an abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

As a physician, Ron Paul consistently put his beliefs into practice and saved lives by helping women seek options other than abortion, including adoption. And as President, Ron Paul will continue to fight for the same pro-life solutions he has upheld in Congress, including:

* Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade and preventing activist judges from interfering with state decisions on life by removing abortion from federal court jurisdiction through legislation modeled after his “We the People Act.”

* Defining life as beginning at conception by passing a “Sanctity of Life Act.”

Because he agrees with Thomas Jefferson that it is “sinful and tyrannical” to “compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors,” Ron Paul will also protect the American people’s freedom of conscience by working to prohibit taxpayer funds from being used for abortions, Planned Parenthood, or any other so-called “family planning” program.

The strength of love for liberty in our society can be judged by how we treat the most innocent among us. It’s time to elect a President with the courage and conviction to stand up for every American’s right to life.

Rationally, this man won't become president. And while he has some nice ideas on stuff like ending wars and legalizing drugs, even if for what ever reason he DID become president none of those things would happen, including my having to hop over to Canada for reproductive health care.

This.

Here's my summary at this point.

Ron Paul is a radical who won't get elected.

Mitt Romney is a cyborg that no one loves.

Santorum is a hateful bigot who deserves nothing.

Barack Obama is a blend of pragmatics and ideals that has been heavily compromised by his position.

I think we could see another 4 years of Obama. Frankly, I'll take it. I might have to deal with a politician who seems to be pretty effected by big business, but at least Obama has some restraint when it comes to the military.

My deepest fear is that anyone with a chance at involvement with the executive branch in 2012 is licking their chops at the prospect of war on Iran. I'll hand it to Paul that he might be the only guy who would never go for it.

So wanting to eliminate the federal Department of Education means that someone wants nothing but private schools? And most people in this country already pay for their children to get an education, private or public.

Compare your state taxes to the price of one year's tuition at a private secondary school and you will see 'pay for' takes on a pretty different color when contrasting the private to the public sphere.

I wonder how many of us have witnessed an abortion? How would we feel seeing some of the things Ron Paul has witnessed? When Ron Paul was present for one while training to be a doctor, I guess it had an affect on him that disturbed him from what I gather both from hearing him speak about it as well as reading accounts about it in several of his books. Remember, he has delivered over 4,000 babies. I'm sure the thought of sucking a fetus out of a woman is repugnant to him as are the 50 million abortions performed since 1973. I can't hold that against him since he's taken a oath to preserve life.

From a personal view, back when I was a flaming liberal who thought the government had all the answers, I never could understand how those who supported abortion often were opposed to the death penalty and those who opposed abortion were supportive of the death penalty. I found that not to be a very consistent view. Being against the death penalty, as I still am, I can not reconcile supporting abortion. I'm just looking for consistency I guess. I appreciate Paul's honesty about it. By the way, he opposes the death penalty.

The abortion issue is not one that drew me to Ron Paul. His views on our wars, the Federal Reserve, sound currency and protecting our liberties by upholding and following the Constitution are the issues that strike a chord with me. Often times I find myself agreeing with him on some of his other positions on issues and other times I'm not so sure. I understand where he is coming from on the issues I don't see eye to eye with him on, based on my understanding of Libertarianism and why a libertarian would hold some of those positions. They are not intended to be callous or evil. All people are equal and deserve no special privileges in society over others because they belong to a certain group. Individual liberty is supported already by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights for example. Just follow the Constitution and a solution could be found without jamming more government down our throats. Paul often speaks of the "Golden Rule" being applied. I think that is good guide for all of us. Government should be an umpire of fairness not a player in our private or economic lives.

I know what we would be getting with Obama, Romney, Gingrich or Santorum on those issues and that's what scares me more than ending the Department of Education. I don't want a fourth Bush term...

Abortion statistics...

http://www.abort73.c...ion_statistics/

Here is the real reason I support Ron Paul. He is the only one who speaks of these issues...

Compare your state taxes to the price of one year's tuition at a private secondary school and you will see 'pay for' takes on a pretty different color when contrasting the private to the public sphere.

I understand that. The main point is that eliminating the Department of Education does not mean that only private schools exist. That's why it was a stupid point in the first place.

I remember John Stewart talking about someone with ideals becoming president. He gets sworn in and starts making plans to change things. Then he gets taken in a back room and the people that actually run the country are there saying something along the lines of "ok, this is the way it really works". I'm starting to think there is much truth to that. Although it could be the fact that I'm reading "Griftopia" by Matt Taibbi right now and it's actually scarier than Salems lot.

Here you go, Moss...

Corporatocracy: Ron Paul says US ‘slipping into fascism’

The presidential hopeful echoed words already once delivered to the American people – by their president. Dwight Eisenhower said, in his farewell address to the nation, “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.”

The disastrous rise, it seems, has happened. In 2009 alone, the United States was responsible for almost half of the world’s total military spending – 46 per cent, or 712 billion US dollars. Since then, the figures have only grown, to the point that American military spending now exceeds that of China, Russia, Japan, India, and the rest of NATO combined. The US has more than 700 military bases in 130 countries around the world.

But, one might ask, can’t the American government – which oversees the world's highest gross domestic product – afford some extra military spending?

The simple answer is: no.

The wealthiest nation also happens to have the biggest national debt in world history. With the dollar acting as a global reserve currency, the Federal Reserve leaving the printing press running around the clock, and manufacturing and production being outsourced to cheap foreign labor markets, the US economy looks more like a Ponzi scheme. And as former president George W. Bush told his Argentine counterpart Nestor Kirchner, "The best way to revitalize the economy is war, and the US has grown stronger with war."

Link:

http://rt.com/news/america-fascism-ron-paul-705/

I remember John Stewart talking about someone with ideals becoming president. He gets sworn in and starts making plans to change things. Then he gets taken in a back room and the people that actually run the country are there saying something along the lines of "ok, this is the way it really works". I'm starting to think there is much truth to that. Although it could be the fact that I'm reading "Griftopia" by Matt Taibbi right now and it's actually scarier than Salems lot.

I think what's really happened is it's harder than he thought to bring all that change that was promised and spoken of so eloquently. Hope is not enough.

Well, he's not trying very hard...

Obama fights to keep unconstitutional warrantless wiretapping powers

Unfortunately, the Obama administration has exploited secrecy to an extreme which even George W. Bush couldn’t hold a candle to.

http://www.activistp...titutional.html

US Expands Afghan Prison It Promised to Hand Over to Kabul

The broken promise is a sign of how little progress has been made in Afghanistan

by John Glaser

Most of the 3,000 or so detainees the U.S. holds in the main Bagram facility have been physically abused, have not been charged, have seen no evidence against them, and do not have the right to be represented by a lawyer. Attorney for Human Rights First Daphne Eviatar said in a recent CBS interview that “It’s worse than Guantanamo, because there are fewer rights.”

Link:

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/02/20/us-expands-afghan-prison-it-promised-to-hand-over-to-kabul/

It's over for this whack job...

SANTORUM'S SATAN WARNING

"Satan has his sights on the United States of America!" Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum has declared.

"Satan is attacking the great institutions of America, using those great vices of pride, vanity, and sensuality as the root to attack all of the strong plants that has so deeply rooted in the American tradition."

MORE

The former senator from Pennsylvania warned in 2008 how politics and government are falling to Satan.

"This is a spiritual war. And the Father of Lies has his sights on what you would think the Father of Lies would have his sights on: a good, decent, powerful, influential country - the United States of America. If you were Satan, who would you attack in this day and age?"

"He attacks all of us and he attacks all of our institutions."

Santorum made the provocative comments to students at Ave Maria University in Florida.

MORE

The White House contender described how Satan is even taking hold of some religions.

"We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."

Developing...

http://drudgereport.com/flash3s.htm

I think what's really happened is it's harder than he thought to bring all that change that was promised and spoken of so eloquently. Hope is not enough.

umm you ever heard of something called The Affordable Care Act? The Repeal of Dont Ask Dont Tell? The killing of some Osama guy? Getting out of Iraq? No Depression like every single person on earth thought was gonna happen when he took office. No one! had any answers at all.