**Boston / Citi Wang's Pre/Post Show Party 9/20**

7/19 Update

Hi Folks I started this thread to get out the word of pre sale code for the Boston Venue

It appears as there is a Movement afoot for some VCR's attending Boston 9/20 to M/U Sounds Good.

The Place is Called Intermission Tavern

http://intermissiontavern.com/directions.html

I have mentioned a Spot that my Friends /Family having gone to go To 3 min walk to Citi Wang

What I'm Working on w/Mgmt. is :

For no addtl Charge as long as we Get (50 Confirmed People Pre Show) WE Will Have: Tunes(WILCO),Waitstaff for food

Note not everyone has to Order food ; Our Own Bartender.. and Choices of Cold Beer/Drinks at Reasonable Prices

(Citi Wang w/b more expensive)

However...

The top guy in Mgmt is on Vacation so I will update next week what the Head ct. needs to be and if interest continues I will construct a Pre Party List. Sound Good?

9/6 UPDATE

recent issues of bar fights on occasion force me to no Longer reccd the prior place

I am going to scope out this new spot to provide some if not all of above...

Meanwhile I seem to have won a Meet & Greet w/ Wilco through our Last of the Independent Radio Stations 92.5 WXRV

unsure if its prior to show or after will post

Back to Meet UP the place below is Open till 2 and food till 1 and once again steps away from Citi Wang

The Place is Called Intermission Tavern

Hi FOLKS click on http://www.citicenter.org/show/992/ to get to page

pre sale code is bmspot

Obtainted from local music publication here in boston

also other clearance is if you are a citi center member ... you've acces and its free...

Jump on this train good luck

Back of Orch and Great Balc / Mezz..

Do you want to turn this into where VCers will be on this amazing September night in Boston?

We have amongst us (3 friends who were all at the Orpheum show last April and many more shows before that) from today's presale:

Mezz Row A Seat 113

Mezz Row A Seat 101 (kind of nice how that worked out)

Left Orchestra Row J Seat 17. (my seat :ninja No, I'm sure we'll fight it out on Tremont St.)

Do you want to turn this into where VCers will be on this amazing September night in Boston?

We have amongst us (3 friends who were all at the Orpheum show last April and many more shows before that) from today's presale:

Mezz Row A Seat 113

Left Orchestra Row J Seat 17. (my seat :ninja No, I'm sure we'll fight it out on Tremont St.)

wow, those mezz seats will be sweet...so that orchestra one you have is "left center," correct? (by the seat number, i would say yes)

i think i'm gonna have to sell my "left" orch row M, given the "lefty-ness" of it and do the center orch row X. even if it's a pain to transfer tix. I think.

Yes. It is 9 seats in from the middle. But 11 from the wall.

By Public Transportation: The most convenient MBTA stops to The Wang Theatre and The Shubert Theatre are the Orange Line/New England Medical Center stop and the Green Line/Boylston Street stop. Both are located one block away from the theatres. The Red Line/Park Street stop is two blocks north of the theatres on Tremont Street.

Parking: There are several parking lots located near the theatres: The Tremont Street Garage adjacent to The Wang Theatre; the parking lot at the corner of Tremont and Stuart Streets; the 57 Hotel on Stuart Street; CityPlace Garage in Park Square; the Kinney Motor Mart on Stuart Street and the Fitz-Inn Lot on Kneeland Street.

Mezz Row A Seat 113

I got Orch. Right Center Row A seats 2 and 4 (on the center aisle). But I would love first row Mezz., my preferred seat in the Orpheum, and the location of many a great aud recording. I'm assuming that would be just as good in the Wang.

I was at the 2010 Orpheum show. In over 35 years of seeing live music that was a top 5 show for me. "An Evening With." Can't be beat, wish they were doing that again.

In over 35 years of seeing live music that was a top 5 show for me. "An Evening With." Can't be beat, wish they were doing that again.

wow! I agree (been seeing live music for like 25 years. It is easy top 10, if not 5. that was a great night. I will say, if that's a top 5, night 2 at Solid Sound is like only a couple slots below that. That was pretty magical for me.

ok now...orch far left row M, or orch center row X....grrrr...what to do....

GLAD some VCrs got tix!

Will chng name to Boston VCrs when next at a computer.(on road )

Good spots mentioned so far another to throw in the mix will provide an area to gather in/ dedicated waitstaff/ in an Irish Pub atmosphere

More on that later...

In over 35 years of seeing live music that was a top 5 show for me. "An Evening With." Can't be beat, wish they were doing that again.

wow! I agree (been seeing live music for like 25 years. It is easy top 10, if not 5. that was a great night. I will say, if that's a top 5, night 2 at Solid Sound is like only a couple slots below that. That was pretty magical for me.

ok now...orch far left row M, or orch center row X....grrrr...what to do....

I would go center over far left, even giving up 10 rows. Better sound and lights. Speaking of which, I don't see much talk about Wilco's lights (maybe there's a topic somewhere I haven't seen), and I don't even know who the lighting director is (i.e., Phish=Chris Kuroda and the Dead were Candace Brightman-one of the great names of all), but Wilco's stage sets and lighting are superb. The 2 different sets they used at Solid Sound were both fantastic, and among my friends we were definitely talking about what a great job their lighting person does. Ditto for the sound. Every time I've seen them.

I would go center over far left, even giving up 10 rows. Better sound and lights. Speaking of which, I don't see much talk about Wilco's lights (maybe there's a topic somewhere I haven't seen), and I don't even know who the lighting director is (i.e., Phish=Chris Kuroda and the Dead were Candace Brightman-one of the great names of all), but Wilco's stage sets and lighting are superb. The 2 different sets they used at Solid Sound were both fantastic, and among my friends we were definitely talking about what a great job their lighting person does. Ditto for the sound. Every time I've seen them.

I think you're right....thx.

Yes, the lighting/set design was amazing at Solid Sound. Especially night one, with the ghost-like figures hanging. Really trippy.

I think you're right....thx.

Yes, the lighting/set design was amazing at Solid Sound. Especially night one, with the ghost-like figures hanging. Really trippy.

i agree. The amazing thing about that set design was the multidimensional visuals it offered. i watched from different angles that night, and with the lighting all the angles gave a different and unique image of the stage and depth of the stage. I watched the front of the sound board. I'm sure the closer to the stage the less dramatic effect it had.

It looked like it took a long time to construct all the different strands of ghosts. I hope they keep it around for the next tour.

For those just getting home

Ticket pre sale still on as of 6:24 pm info above

Best appear to be lower balcony

I just pulled

Seats:

2 Tickets, Right Balcony Row L, Seats 42-44

Row 7 of Balcony. Seat 44 is 3 seats off outside aisle

i got my tickets yesterday but checked in haphazardly at around 10:05 and it looked pretty picked over.

Yesterday I was only pulling up balcony, so I was pretty happy with mezzanine after about 7 pulls today. I haven't been to the Wang in years, but I recall it was pretty steep with closely hanging mezzanine and balcony?

I'm thinking that the Franklin would be an excellent place for my husband and I to have a cocktail and nice walk over to the venue. :thumbup

Mezz Row A Seat 113

I pulled out some Mezzanine Row A's yesterday as well (seats 35 & 37, i wanna say) after checking the Wang's site on a whim.

How far away are we, as a group, from getting a VC section at each show? How eff-King sweet would that be?

SO The Title of the Thread is Changed > Its Time to Think About Gathering for a Fun Meet up Prior to SHowtime....

OR AftAH...

I will put this out there (hinted at it earlier) my thought is Intermission Tavern * a New Place I'm going to ck out

Here's a Link for directions

http://intermissiontavern.com/index.html

Merely a suggestion....

Open it up look around we've got some time

Let the Comments&Thoughts begin it will be fun to Meet Local and Those Visiting from Out of Town!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks a Little update Manager I spoke to says ....a Pre Party sounds Great !

One more hurdle the "General Manager" has to Agree I will speak to him about How Cool WILCO FANS Are!

This wkend

Thats the update.... More at 11pm

(kidding)