One Sunday Morning (Vinyl Version aka definitve version)

I FINALLY got around to spinning my LP last night. While I enjoyed the extra two minutes of "One Sunday Morning," I didn't feel it was essential or that it added any extra weight to the song. Just a few more minutes of some good folky jamming. And having "Sometimes it Happens" follow it was sort of strange. Having "Whole Love" start side 3 was odd too. Minor quibbles aside, the record sure sounds great.

I'm in Canada and have yet to receive my preorder of the vinyl album.

I am pretty excited to get it, because (1) it's an awesome album and hearing it on vinyl will fill me with love(!), and (2) the long version of OSM!!

I haven't downloaded or listened to any vinyl rips yet, since i'm waiting for my own copy.

On the CD version, I don't really like the fade out, because it does feel sort of like someone ended the party early. so I'm pretty sure I'll love the LP version.

but on the topics of fadeouts in general... i think it depends on the song. i can think of some songs where a fadeout is the best thing possible, like someone mentioned before, about the feeling that it's trailing off into the distance, playing forever.

my favourite example of that is the last song on the first Foo Fighters album - Exhausted:

Also, I have a band, and we did a song with a really nice chord progression, just fading away in a similar way, but rather than just fading it out, we did the fadeout live, as in, we played the instruments softer and softer until we sort of weren't really playing them anymore. and for the recording, something cool i decided to do with the guitar, when it's fading out, i turn down the volume on the electric, so eventually you hear the sound of the acoustically-played "unplugged" electric guitar replacing the sound of the actual signal of the guitar through the amp (if you're interested, that song can be listened to here).

• 1 month later...

Man I wish I could hear this version. I bought the LP but due to a lack of a record player have yet to listen to it. It has just been sitting there screaming "Play me! Play me!" Does anyone know of a link to download this "definitive" version?

I know a lot of people here love this but this song is beginning to bore me a little, it could have the latter 7 mins chopped off without much of a difference I feel. Musically it's a dead end.

I saw them in Utecht on Nov. 11th and they opened with it. I had consciously avoided the tour set-lists so was a little surprised by it being the opener. I respect them for having the balls to open with this but it was not a good choice. 12 plus minutes of this as an opener was way too downbeat. It also means they have to chop 2/3 songs off the set-list to fit it in.

Impossible Germany now has a companion as the toilet/bar/smoke song.