Happy Wilco Release Day!

Congratulations to a magnificent band on an astoundingly great album! YOU GUYS RAWK the planet!

Happy Wilco Release Day to all the lucky fans here at Via Chicago & elsewhere! :) I trust you've all snapped up cd's and albums by now. Happy (rather loud) listening!

Congratulations to a magnificent band on an astoundingly great album! YOU GUYS RAWK the planet!

Happy Wilco Release Day to all the lucky fans here at Via Chicago & elsewhere! :) I trust you've all snapped up cd's and albums by now. Happy (rather loud) listening!

Got my email from Tony M urging me to support the label, so I did. I love their label.

I suppose everyone already got the email but...

Wilco mail:

Greetings everyone,

Well, we made it. Wilco's The Whole Love is officially out and available in the U.S., Canada, Europe & U.K., Australia, NZ and beyond. Soon we'll be popping a cork here at HQ because that alone feels like a hell of an accomplishment.

That celebratory feeling brings with it a moment of introspection, because really, what would accomplishment be without it? We were talking this morning and thinking back a few years to the first discussions of starting our own label. It took a while for circumstances to line up in a way that let us pull it off, but today, as we release our first full-length recording on dBpm, I remembered a list of reasons, both pro and con, that I'd written in a notebook when we were debating it. There were a lot of obvious pros and some pretty heavy cons, but the one "pro" that was in big BOLD letters at the top of my list was our confidence in you, the band's fans or the "community," as they call it now. Just like when all that stuff went down way back when (you've probably seen the movie) -- the reason we felt confident that we could persevere, stream YHF, and keep on touring was because we had faith in you. We believed that you'd understand that we needed you to participate when the record finally did come out, and vote with your feet and, yeah, with your dollars. We needed you to buy that record despite the fact that it had been kicking around for a while and to support the band, regardless of what label appeared on the back of the album cover. And of course, you did, in droves.

Things are obviously a lot different now, but it's still because of your support (yeah, we're blaming you) that we felt confident enough to go out and try to prove something yet again (as much to ourselves as to the world outside) -- that we can pull this off on our own terms. In an era where the corporate giant seems to reign supreme pretty much across the board, thanks for enabling us to give this a shot.

So, to summarize: we need you to get out there today, tomorrow or soon and support Wilco, support the new label venture, and support music retail. You can do it all in one fell swoop, here. We promise we'll be pretty much back to normal correspondence -- gig announcements, free streams, etc. very soon.

In the meantime, thanks to all of you from the bottom of our hearts for supporting the band for the 15-plus years you have. Here's to many more.

Cheers & happy Wilco release day.

Sincerely,

Tony Margherita, Manager

Wilco & dBpm Records

I think it has some nice songs on it, but I guess I'm not as overwhelmed as most. A good record to be sure, though.

Maybe I'm just not in the right mood.

Maybe it'll prove to be a grower for you. I love it even more through headphones...all those layers and details to discover.

4th on itunes to the mac miller presale. Dont believe itunes is the target market, but seriously, shoud have been first. All pre-orders got a free download, so certain that hit sales. Wold love to see dbpm prove to be a great label. May have to go buy on itunes just to say I did it.

I think it has some nice songs on it, but I guess I'm not as overwhelmed as most. A good record to be sure, though.

Maybe I'm just not in the right mood.

I kind of agree. I guess I'm not totally on board with the post-YHF albums (in their entirety). The addition of Nels, Sansone, and O'Rourke have me feeling like the addition of fine musicianship has left the songs with a little less soul. It might be a product of overproduction (due to technical proficiency of new musicians?) but I've found most of the songs since SBS (and parts of AGIB) too slick for my tastes.

I'm glad Wilco is creating superior music and I will always support them with album purchases and live shows. But things change and I kind of mourn the "old" rougher-cut Wilco, as silly as that sounds...

Still better than 99% of what's out there and I'm grateful for that.

It was a bittersweet day for me. While Wilco did release a new album today, they played in my hometown this evening and I missed it due to work. At least I was able to squeeze in a lunch long enough to hit up the downtown record store and grab a copy of the vinyl. Seeing other people there buying the album made me smile, especially the fellow who pre-ordered it! Thanks for the amazing album, guys!

Yeah lacking soul is a good way to put it. After initial listens I'm a tad bored. Man I loved this band and will always support them. But it has been less of a passion in recent years. The best thing I can say is that the more it becomes about musicianship the less I feel it. Damn it from day one was about the sincerity and intensity of Jeff! He seems half interested on the new one. The slower songs lack melody, the rocking songs seem disconnected or contrived. One listen I know, but I'd take sky and the album anyday over this

Got my deluxe at tonight's show in Raleigh! It's a hell of a lot louder than the rip I have!

Jeff busted a string tonight playing Pot Kettle Black (coincidentally? and thankfully the house volume kicked up during that song, too). He said he hasn't done that in ages, and that it's a good sign that the new album is going to go platinum!

Tweedy also said they spent the day reading amazon reviews and, as with every new release, he learned he was gay. Happens every time!

Fierce happy day to all! Mr Tony Margueritatime has learnt alot from beloved Mr Stig for sure as make demonstrate here!

He only has slipup with missing Espanearhole version for the market of the Latin persuassion - this has boom area potential as the Abba give evidence. Maybe Mr Jeff Tweedy does not have the tongue for this endeavour. Here shows benefit of the Swedish style in education. I make recommend to you Mr Jeff Tweedy to take a brush up this area - there is pop success around corner for whole world in this route.

(This is all just my tip as humble fan - but maybe you are lacking the belly for this approach Mr Jeff Tweedy: Latin market need the belly as Lady Agnetha and the Lady Shakira of recent times make demonstrate. Mr Jeff Tweedy, maybe Mr Pat has the belly for feature live segment, no? It is just idea of a stormy brain. I leave you to make decision!)

Welfare!