12 November 2011 Wilco

My second row center seats became obsolete as there was about 20 feet between front row and stage. Prior to the band taking the stage people started filling in the gap. I luckily got the stage spot between John and Pat. Closest I've ever been...

Show was great. Highlights were the Art Almost ending jam, She's A Jar, Company in my Back, Impossible Germany, Via Chicago, Misunderstood.

Another highlight was the band's mood. They were really upbeat and happy. Jeff Tweedy on several instances noted how happy he was with the crowd participation. He probably was happy people were intensely dancing for every song. Also, as I was able to nab a set list, the show was scripted to end with Misunderstood. The remaining songs were a nice bonus...

Tomorrow back to Madison...

AMAZING gig!

I've seen Wilco a lot of times, even flew over from Ireland for this, and this was close to the best. Venue was cool and we had nice seats a few rows up off the floor, but at the encore we walked over the the railings at the stairs and watched from the side. From here we could see things like after the 1st song in the encore Jeff seemed to mention the songs they were adding to John and Patt- so I guess he decides. Also Jeffs voice sounded so bloody great ! ! And he looked quite dapper in his suit jacket and hat.

One particular thing I noticed on the tour was how great the harmonies were, especially on She's a Jar and Whole Love.

Only tiny criticism, and trust me, it's tiny. Is I think One Suday Morning would be an amazing closing song, rather than an opener. Poor places, Handshake Drugs, Late Greats and I Might were other highlights. From the 1st song onwards everybody on the floor was standing.

Great great gig ! ! Everytime I see them I think they're really at the top of their game, but they always seem to surprise !

Thank you Berlin! And thank you Tempodrom for letting people go down on the floor and enjoy the show up close!! We left our coats in our seats and went downstairs and right up front. Apologies to the folks with tickets in the front rows, but this is rock and roll...

An amazing show

Great show. The best one I've seen by Wilco so far. Have never seem them in such a good mood before. I was one of the "gap fillers" and got a great spot right in front of Jeff on the 2nd row. The security tried to get people to leave during the first song but soon realized that it wasn't about to happen. After that they seemed to be cool about it and more people started streaming in. The setlist was great. After the main set I was a bit worried that they hadn't played either Via Chicago or Misunderstood. Couldn't even dream that they would play them both in the encore...so I was happy in the end. The extra songs were a nice addition to an already great show. Now trying to decide which show on the feb/march tour to go to, I wasn't originally planning to go, but now I need more...

Thank you Berlin! And thank you Tempodrom for letting people go down on the floor and enjoy the show up close!! We left our coats in our seats and went downstairs and right up front. Apologies to the folks with tickets in the front rows, but this is rock and roll...

An amazing show

As one of the people with front row seat tickets, I can rest your mind, because we were quite happy to race to the stage as soon as we realized the security wasn't gonna do anything about people filling in the gap ;)

It's nice to hear from so many sources (here, FB etc) that Berlin is being regarded as one of the best Wilco shows .... I have seen quite a few, but I caught myself saying to my husband right after the show "this might have been the best Wilco show ever". That might not exactly have been the case - who could tell anyway - but it surely was a memorable one.

Bring on Brussels :dancing

I'm back from my Wilco Adventure, three concerts in a row (Berlin, Utrecht, Tilburg), and Berlin was definitly the best. What a great setlist!

I think the band was happy to see the audience dancing right from the beginning of the show, so they played an extra long encore.

At first the securitys wouldn't let us go to the front, but eventually they gave up.

It was so great to hear She's a jar live again. Other Highlights for me were Black Moon (the Harmonies sounded beautiful!), One sunday morning (I love this song), Company in my back and Hummingbird.

No. That guy wasn't security. Security had black uniforms and wore ID badges.

I wondered if he was chaperoning his daughter or something -- he was a bit weird the way he stood sideways for the entire show and wore a trench coat. My friend and I joked that he might have been a flasher waiting for a moment.

He was weird in that he was doing hand signals in several directions. I thought maybe he was communicating with the soundboard. Jeff said something to him. My brother talked to him after the show (auf deutsch) and said he was extremely intoxicated and spoke swedish...

Just listening to the very clean audience that has already surfaced...

I guess he was security, at least the uniformed secuguys made a switch after he showed them some signs and where to stand. Took me a long time to figure it out. Found him so creepy. Jeff came over to him and said something like "why the fuck are you so pissed off all the time, just relax"

Edit: ok, so after reading winterland's post I guess he was just plain weird and creepy.

oh man, that "security" guy stood right in front of me, with his back to the stage during the whole show. he started doing this handsignals during company in my back, one of my favorite songs and he was really making me mad. jeff then ask him if he could "stop being so fucking destructive". I tried to talk to him during the encore break, but it seemed like he didn't understand neither english nor german. Really strange...

But despite that, the show was awesome! Even better than Munich two days before, who would have thought it. It was so cool that everybody was standing and dancing from the beginning. It really gave me a chill standing in that crowd of people who were singing with the band. And what a great set! So cool to hear She's a Jar again. For me, it was the best show of the german/netherland/switzerland concerts this year.