Now Playing: December 2011

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand. Why do people dislike Beth/Rest? You will have to clarify. I'm truly on the opposite side of the fence, and don't know why there seems to be such a knee-jerk reaction.

I think the song itself is OK - and there is a very nice solo piano version floating around. But to my ears, the version on the album sounds like bad 1980's adult contemporary rock that would be found on the Miami Vice soundtrack or a Lionel Richie album. I just don't care for the cheesy keyboards, the sax solo, the guitar sound. Given how much I like every other song he has put out as Bon Iver, this song just seems out of place and doesn't work for me.

511HQXV90EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Got this one from Amazon.com for $0.01. Pretty good deal I'd say.

I think the song itself is OK - and there is a very nice solo piano version floating around. But to my ears, the version on the album sounds like bad 1980's adult contemporary rock that would be found on the Miami Vice soundtrack or a Lionel Richie album. I just don't care for the cheesy keyboards, the sax solo, the guitar sound. Given how much I like every other song he has put out as Bon Iver, this song just seems out of place and doesn't work for me.

I don't see a problem with it: the tracklisting really works well, wandering from Calgary to Lisbon, OH. Both of those transition pretty well and invoke that weird sort of nostalgia. And yes, it does remind me of a Lionel Richie album, but that's not such an awful. Even the short-sighted kids didn't understand that Grouper is just Enya. I guess I now understand why people seemed to dislike and or hate Destroyer's Kaputt.

:upset

Wilco --- Vic Theatre 12-15-2011

Kurt Vile --- Smoke Rings for my Halo

Wilco --- The Deli Tray Incident

Radiohead --- Berlin 9-11-2001