McCartney First Listen

I figured that choo-choo-charlie would have already posted this but... if anyone is interested, here is the new album.

http://www.npr.org/2...s-on-the-bottom

It's cute and I do not mean that derisively. I love Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive.

• 4 months later...

Here's some Paul news I can actually look forward to:

(I found this by way of Expecting Rain)

Paul McCartney will continue to be an active presence on the scene in 2013, according to his manager, Scott Rodger of Quest Management. In a new interview with TWiMusic, Rodger outlined the plans for both McCartney’s ongoing reissue project and his current work.

The next McCartney album to be reissued will be ‘Wings Over America,’ the 1976 triple live album that documented Wings’ only tour of America, and the first time McCartney had toured America since the Beatles‘ final performance at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park on August 29, 1966.

In addition, ‘Rockshow,’ a concert film from that tour, will be released on DVD for the first time. Previous versions for home consumption, video and laserdisc, had songs removed for time purposes, but the DVD will contain all 30 songs that were featured in the theatrical release.

The former Beatle is also currently recording a new album with a projected release date some time in the first quarter of 2013. No further details or titles were given.

In the interview, Rodger discusses his history with the former Beatle, McCartney’s extraordinary work ethic and how the reissue projects go from concept to product, which includes an ongoing process of digitizing McCartney’s vast archives. Rodger says that, for two years, ten people have been working full-time scanning and retouching the more than one million photographs in his collection.

DVD release of Rockshow is exciting news to me! Yeah, it was slick and polished, like most things McCartney does musically, but that was a pretty good band and the setlist from that tour is a good one.

That's a great record. I have had a boot of the concert for awhile, certainly looking forward to getting all of that in DVD quality. These re-issues have been tremendous. As my avatar indicates I have really been enjoying the Ram one.

--Mike

I had an original pressing of the vinyl. I now have the cds that came out sometime in the 1990s. I think I have a boot dvd of the film. Back in the 1980s, we use to watch it on Cinemax. That guy on drums (Joe English) is a great drummer.

Never could bring myself to listen to the Beatles tracks on Wings Over America much, but the fact that most of the live Wings tracks are better than the studio versions makes it one of my favourite live albums. The 'acoustic' run of tracks ending with I've Just Seen A Face (exception to the rule above) has many good sing-a-long memories.

Shame Pauly can't quite pull this off anymore, but it's great and don't forget guitarist Jimmy McCullogh who sadly died too young to even make the 27 club. Of corse, Wilco have covered Something in the Air too when he was with Thunderclaps Newman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaQ8t4GNMHM

This hasn't had many views so perhaps people here haven't seen it lost in the mass of McCartney/Beatles YouTube footage. Starting up with the next version of Wings I think. Some nice moments when he meets his old school teacher and goes to a family party in Liverpool. Venues seem incredibly small for an ex-Beatle too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeN0sCwxkuQ

excited about this re-issue. WOA has been one of those double CDs that has stayed in the 30 dollar range. i hope it's cheaper and for god's sake not compressed to shit. you can't beat Venus and Mars>Rock Show>Jet! also, the cover art is bad ass.

This is the one I have:

A 1999 reissue of the album by Toshiba-EMI in Japan reinstated the three-disc format from the original LP issue.

I think it has been out of print since then.