Wilco Fiction

has anyone here ever wrote fiction inspired by Wilco?

I'm considering taking a Wilco song, or at least the basic skeleton of one, and constructing a piece of fiction around it. You know, maybe use the theme of a song as a general guideline...

Might have interesting results. What do ya'll think.

Do it! :rock

Natalie (St. Genevive from VC long ago) wrote some great short stories inspired by Wilco songs.

I remember St. G. I miss her. Her stories were great.

I'm considering, "ALTWYS" first and foremost. Also considering "Everlasting Everything" and "Bull Black Nova" (but from the perspective of the car, or the person who was presumably killed)... not sure. Sort of worked out a little outline last night for the "ALTWYS" story.

I wrote my non-fiction piece about meeting Jeff for the 1st time, and besides a couple people in the class claiming I was full of shit, it got a nice reception, so I decided to run with the Wilco theme.

Go for it - it's a real fun exercise! I did it once ages ago in college for a creative writing class (not a Wilco song, though). Got an "A" on it, too! :)

my teacher doesn't give us actual grades. it's a pass fail kinda thing, which sucks.

I've thought about starting with a single lyric as inspiration. Getting a theme or tone and running with it..."I'm down on my hands and knees everytime a doorbell rings"..

I don't think I could use a whole song. Too much of the narrative is already told in the lyrics. I'm sure there are exceptions....

my teacher doesn't give us actual grades. it's a pass fail kinda thing, which sucks.

Why? There's no draft anymore.

I've thought about starting with a single lyric as inspiration. Getting a theme or tone and running with it..."I'm down on my hands and knees everytime a doorbell rings"..

I don't think I could use a whole song. Too much of the narrative is already told in the lyrics. I'm sure there are exceptions....

Not to derail the thread further, but I can identify so much with that line. It really cements the air of personal isolation and desperation of that Record.

i thought this was like a Wilco fan fiction thread... like Harry Potter fan fiction... :( i once wrote a short story based on Hold Steady songs

:lol a long time ago, TweedyzGirl and myself used to write Wilco stories. A long, long, long time ago.

Why? There's no draft anymore.

I don't know I guess I just like the idea of letter grades. I want to know that I've done a good job instead of it being one way or the other. Satisfactory doesn't have as good a ring to it as A+ does.

So far in my story, there's a couple fighting. Dude gets a black eye from girl because she throws a shoe at him expecting him to duck, but he doesn't. I don't really know where to go from there. I know they need to fight, and eventually it resolves in them somewhat making up, but I don't know where they're going, or why they're there together fighting in the 1st place.

I don't know I guess I just like the idea of letter grades. I want to know that I've done a good job instead of it being one way or the other. Satisfactory doesn't have as good a ring to it as A+ does.

So far in my story, there's a couple fighting. Dude gets a black eye from girl because she throws a shoe at him expecting him to duck, but he doesn't. I don't really know where to go from there. I know they need to fight, and eventually it resolves in them somewhat making up, but I don't know where they're going, or why they're there together fighting in the 1st place.

Actually, I meant why would a college offer a course pass fail anymore.