Now Playing: March, 2012

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51XQer4%2Bk%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So much more than just "Fuck You"; this is a solid album, top-to-bottom. Great, even.

Ok, I have been spending the year listening to old stuff and it's time for me to try something from 2012. I need some help here. I'm not hearing a consensus buzz about any new stuff and judging by most of the recent posts, most people are not listening to a ton of new stuff. Is there a must hear right now? Is it the new Shins? New Justin Townes Earle? I need some guidance.

I'm still really enjoying the Hospitality record. Best pop tunes I've heard in a long time.

I love this one. I have been playing "Off the Wall" the lead single a lot lately.

I thought it good. But I don't know why I don't play it more. It's like a midway point between Lee's stuff on Sonic Youth and some of Wilco's Nels-inspired jams.

artworks-000016504693-qzjve6-original.jpg

Loincloth - Iron Balls Of Steel

634656876949878157.Jpeg

I have to say this is one of the better MOJO CD's in awhile. Been listening to it constantly. Songs handpicked by the modfather himself, Paul Weller and he seems to have quite good taste. Broadcast, fleet foxes, Declan O'Rourke, Diagrams, Midlake, Tame Impala, lots of good stuff.

Nice to see someone else around here listening to Ben Harper. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one.

Yeah, his acoustic tour this fall should be awesome.

Yeah, his acoustic tour this fall should be awesome.

The way I see it, it's not much of a tour. 11 shows spread out over two months, primarily concentrated in the Northeastern U.S.? Back in the days of Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, he played Kansas City about every other year, if not every year. Sadly, the closest he'll get on this "tour" is Chicago or Ann Arbor.

828021604423_300.jpg

About to play this for the first time:

51YYq6u9mgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Looking forward to it!

41iyQF64nxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 518gNN%2BOllL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 51teJxT3hjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

91204459.jpg

Bear In Heaven - I Love You, It's Cool

In the running for the worst album art as well as worst album title of 2012.

Let's see if we got some real winners like Wholehearted Mess and Lovesick Teenagers.