Had A Musical Dream Come True

This week I "went on tour" with Rhett Miller. He did a little jaunt through the southeast, and played some very interesting and intimate places.

Monday was Eddies Attic in Decatur GA right outside of Atlanta. It was a sell out show, and the room was rowdy but respectful.

Tuesday was Nashville at Mercy Lounge. I've seen Rhett there l

I've seen Rhett there lots with the 97s. Unfortunately that night was a bit slow. Jack White was in town, and I think that had everything to do with it.

The 2nd half of the show, Rhett took exclusively requests from the crowd, and somebody yelled out "Fireflies". Rhett started the song then stopped at the 3rd line and looked at me, and said "Sarah, you want to sing this with me?" I said, yep, and went on stage. It was amazing! My friend got some video, and I'll post a link.

http://youtu.be/b9goKy4ReCI

nice...

Thanks y'all. It was a very cool moment. Especially to share a mic with Rhett all Beatles style.

It was really cool to see Rhett so many times in a row too. I went to 3 out of 4 shows he did in the southeast last week. Culminating in Knoxville. My little sister got to come to that one, and Rhett told her I nailed it in Nashville. Very fun, and something I will never forget.

Rhett started the song then stopped at the 3rd line and looked at me, and said "Sarah, you want to sing this with me?" I said, yep, and went on stage.

WOW! That's amazing. I'm thrilled for you, Sarah!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, seriously, every moment singing with him I was so happy. it was amazing to be able to make music with somebody I look up to as a musician, and generally as a nice human being. I am going to really cherish that moment forever.

Only thing slightly better was Jeff handing me a diet coke and asking me what I thought of my 1st Wilco show.

I do feel lucky to call Rhett a friend, though. :)

Anyhow, thanks.