Aw, this is very sad. I listened to "Mystery To Me" last month for the first time in years. Since I first listened to Fleetwood Mac in the early 70's, those Bob Welch albums were where it began for me. RIP.

Love love love Welch era Fleetwood Mac! this is sad. RIP brother. loved his remake and the original of Sentimental Lady not to mention Miles Away, Emerald Eyes etc.

Bart Herbison, executive director of the Nashville Songwriters Association, quoted his wife Wendy as saying Welch had spinal surgery three months ago and doctors told him he would not get better, and he did not want her to have to care for an invalid.
Bart Herbison, executive director of the Nashville Songwriters Association, quoted his wife Wendy as saying Welch had spinal surgery three months ago and doctors told him he would not get better, and he did not want her to have to care for an invalid.

Damn. How incredibly sad, if true.

He got the shaft when the band was inducted in the RAR Hall of Fame.

Although his time in the band is pretty much overlooked, I think Mick said in his book that they might have ceased if not for him.

Just about like those two guys that came after Lindsey.

He got the shaft when the band was inducted in the RAR Hall of Fame.

Although his time in the band is pretty much overlooked, I think Mick said in his book that they might have ceased if not for him.

Just about like those two guys that came after Lindsey.

i could have sworn it was one other girl with lindsey

i could have sworn it was one other girl with lindsey

After Behind The Mask (with Billy Burnette and Rick Vito), Stevie left and Bekka Bramlett joined the band. Also - Rick Vito left, and Dave Mason joined the band. The made an album called Time.

I read this 1998 article a few days ago and doing so made me angry. The RandR HOF is inane.

http://blog.cleveland.com/pdextra/2012/06/rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_snu.html

Donna Godchaux earned her spot in the hall of fame because the Grateful Dead's acknowledged leader, Jerry Garcia, demanded the rock hall induct everyone who ever played in the group. The 12 inducted members of the Grateful Dead include Tom Constanten, who played keyboards from 1968-70; Keith Godchaux (Donna's husband), who played keyboards from 1971-79; and Robert Hunter, who was Garcia's lyricist.

Damn, Jerry Garcia was such a cool dude.

The Fleetwood Mac folks...eh, not so much.

I know we don't do any file sharing on here, but if you are interested in the Bob Welch era of Fleetwood Mac, a Google search for 1974-01- KSAN-FM Record Plant, Sausalito, CA will lead you to a very nice show with versions of Hypnotized, Sentimental Lady, Future Games, and Bermuda Triangle. Lots of explanatory dialogue about the songs from Bob during the songs.

While Bob Welch may have become a bit of a footnote in Fleetwood Mac history, he helped turn them from a mostly blues based band to pop/vocal band and set the stage for them to make a gazillion dollars.

LouieB

Yet in Jann Wenner's world, that doesn't make you a viable member of Fleetwood Mac.