After taking a hiatus for a few years... :twitchsmile

Anyone have any interest in submitting pics for a VC calendar for 2013? I'm starting way early this year, because the last time we tried this, it got crazy late and we just didn't get to it, and then I've let it slide for a while now (years! I've let it slide for years!).

So if you're interested in participating, please check out the info from the last time we did this, posted below. It's a fun thing, because we've got a lot of talented photographers here.

Let me know if you've got any questions, but for now, post any pics you'd like to share in this thread (and maybe let us know for which month). I'll get the current specs from Zazzle and post them here in a bit.

Link to buy calendars: http://www.zazzle.com/viachicagostore*

After seeing a great suggestion from dixiecupdrinker in this thread, Brianne and I have kicked around some ideas (we've given ourselves all of 30 minutes to flesh out this idea, so it may evolve as we get replies in this thread laugh.gif) for a VC calendar for 2010.

As previously stated in the t-shirts/other merch thread, we don't want to be in the business of competing with Wilco for any merchandise sales. So, even though they're not putting out a calendar this year, we're still going to play it safe and just go with a calendar that showcases VC's all-around photography skills, not just concert pics. This thread has some really beautiful shots, and I know lots of VCers have posted other great pictures in other threads, too.

So, if you've got a shot you'd like to have included in a VC calendar, please post it in this thread. A few things to think about:

• Please submit only images that you took, you own the rights to, and you're willing to let VC distribute freely, as part of our fund-raising.
  • Please get your pictures in by no later than next Friday, December 11. I'll try to get the calendar assembled by Saturday night, which should still allow plenty of time for shipping before the new year.
  • If we get more submissions than we can use for the calendar, the moderating staff reserves the right to pick our favorites. We don't want to create any hard feelings, but there are so many talented VCers out there...
  • Please note the image-size recommendations for calendars, from zazzle (if your image doesn't meet those criteria, we'll work with it as much as possible):

OK, show us what you've got!

Does it have to be photography per se? I have been on a creative bender the past few weeks after a long hiatus and have some Wilco-lyric themed and related projects I could show pictures of here. Right now I don't have access to my photos but could post soon. I won't be heartbroken if they aren't what you're looking for. :-)

Friends,

I do not want to make a pissing down on your parading, but you have your dog shouting up the wrong tree! All needs can be satisfied by this product (including special needs of the lonely but I will speak not more of it). It is already available in reasonable price mode! If you have heavy import tax on the Abba as protectionism measure to shelter week pop industry of America in George Washerton style, then PM and I can send in plain wrapper from my location! This Mr Washerton is nasty fellow from my viewpoint with his infamous chopper exploit. This natural damage is not the Swedish way. Think of the furry creature in your Mr Richard Gear style! In return you can donate special research pics of Mr Jeff Tweedy and the Abba. There is chance of Chicago residents having special access to the Mr Jeff Tweedy in suture for sure. There must be moment for the sneaky snap that can be great proof!

abcal2013.jpg

Welfare!

So much in this thread that makes me so happy. :)

Definitely doesn't need to be photography, any high-res reproducible art will work!

One thing to keep in mind, this has come up in the past when we asked for submissions for shirts, etc.: we cannot/will not/do not sell Wilco merch. Anything with vague allusions to lyrics, etc. is fine, but we do want to be careful with that. So even though I cross-posted in the Wilco photo contest thread, we're really not looking for the same thing they're looking for. No specifically Wilco-y pics, please.

Here are two collages from the past couple of years with Wilco-related titles. The titles came about some time later, when I realized they were somewhat related to the images - my apologies for the size of the jpgs:

2366989647_ac7ea20685.jpg

Hey Chicken. 2006. collage and charcoal on found book page.

7 x 4-1/2 in. Private Collection.

293148_2319257215996_4328738_n.jpg

Muzzle of Bees. 2011.

collage and shellac on paper, mounted on glass.

8-1/4 x 7-1/2" (framed). Private Collection

Here are two collages from the past couple of years with Wilco-related titles. The titles came about some time later, when I realized they were somewhat related to the images - my apologies for the size of the jpgs:

2366989647_ac7ea20685.jpg

Hey Chicken. 2006. collage and charcoal on found book page.

7 x 4-1/2 in. Private Collection.

293148_2319257215996_4328738_n.jpg

Muzzle of Bees. 2011.

collage and shellac on paper, mounted on glass.

8-1/4 x 7-1/2" (framed). Private Collection

Those are beautiful, moxiebean!

The one with the bird screams for a lyric line or caption contest. ;)

Thanks for the pics, everyone!

A reminder though, that while we love to see your Wilco-themed shots, they're not eligible for inclusion in the calendar. :wave

Sorry I wasn't clear-thought the VC calendar was suppose to be Wilco inspired. So there isn't a theme other than the seasons/months? And it's just photography and not other artwork?

Yes, it's discussed a bit above. This is a fundraiser for Via Chicago, not Wilco merch. Not that we'd be cutting too deeply into their sales or anything :) but we're definitely not in the Wilco merch business. This is intended to show off the skills of VC's finest.

Also discussed above: other artwork is acceptable, as long as it's high-res and reproducible. I'll try to dig the size/etc. requirements out of the zazzle site.

• 3 weeks later...