Preview: Wilco @ Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, Geneva, IL 7/8/12

I'm a little confused by the "biggest headlining show ever".....maybe outdoor? Haven't there been quite a few more attended indoor shows?

Nothing against your post (I know I've seen that on all the previews)....just curious

Anyone know how many were at NYE 2004 at MSG? I know it was empty up top (luckily I was on the floor)...

.I'm terrible with gauging attendances....can't believe there was 15,000 at jones beach for phish on the 4th....all singing PURPLE RAIN with fishman, pretty sweet

I'm curious how many people they're going to try to fit on the field...

Also, while it isn't quite the same, what about Lollapalooza 2008? They were a headliner that day...

I'm curious how many people they're going to try to fit on the field...

Also, while it isn't quite the same, what about Lollapalooza 2008? They were a headliner that day...

They're not counting festivals, just proper Wilco concerts where your ticket says "Wilco" at the top, rather than Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, Neil Young, etc.

BTW, the Jam twitter feed says the show is now sold out.

Dawned on Me

War on War

Nels is really owning this WXRT feed, which isn't a bad thing, always loving hearing the little intricacies he adds! Very "poppy" start by the band if you will. I'd expect it'd be a pretty upbeat evening being outdoors and to a larger crowd

Listening too. Just posted on other board. Let's continue here.

Awesome! Nothing like drinking a beer and listening to a Wilco Webcast. Wish I could have gone to the show, but couldn't spring the money

Well, crap: "We're sorry, CBS Radio is currently unavailable from your location." Was looking forward to this.

I guess I could listen to Red Rocks Night Two and pretend it's live from Geneva...or go watch that toilet interview in Just A Fan.

It was and it was awesome!!!

I remember it feeling really good at the time! The Nels solo that ends the song was one of my favorite moments, how that rang out with the delay and it was just a great feeling there

I remember it feeling really good at the time! The Nels solo that ends the song was one of my favorite moments, how that rang out with the delay and it was just a great feeling there

Way cool that concert started after a major hail/rain storm. Red Rocks is amazing, we are lucky here.

Way cool that concert started after a major hail/rain storm. Red Rocks is amazing, we are lucky here.

Yeah, I loved it, took a trip from chicago and spent the week prior hiking and camping, then topped it off with a wilco show! Great week and very jealous of those who live there!