I'm really thinking I may need to get to this one. Technically speaking the Newport show isn't part of the Newport Folk Festival which starts the next day, however it is in the same location and on the same stage and I've actually seen ads referring to it as the opening night of the Folk Fest. Now having celebrated Woody's hundredth birthday recently and with the reissue of Mermaid Avenue wouldn't it be awesome if they came out and did a Woody Guthrie set. I know it's never gonna happen but it's one of those thoughts that gets caught in my head and I may need to act on.

NPR is clumping Wilco into it's Newport Folk Festival Webcast here's the link:

http://www.npr.org/e...k-festival-2012

Wilco is scheduled for a 7:30 start time.

Is this their way of getting Wilco to play a Festival when they say they aren't doing Festivals, "oh no Jeff, the Festival starts on the next day, those other bands are just your 'openers' don't worry about it".

At the NFF, there is a "Guthrie Family Reunion" in the lineup Saturday 5:35pm-6:35pm which you know they would join if they weren't going to be in Cooperstown.

Crossing my fingers for California Stars... and hopefully a break from the rain in time for the show.

Driving in from Boston

This has been a Standout Circled Date on my Calendar for awhile

I join others in hopes of No Rain No Rain! However it is a 50/50 chance

Of rain at curtain x according to most up to date forecast so bring a Poncho and a smile!

It is my hope to arrive round 6

Our Turn !

So im in a great little Cambridge MA Club (toad) last night wearing a Wilco T shirt

During a Quiet moment a guy comes over and says he's going tonight.

He's the 4th person from Cambridge I know heading down ... something in the water.....

Here's to a Good Night!

Does anybody know if we'll be able to bring in backpacks tonight at Newport? I can't find anything that says they're forbidden, but nothing that says they're allowed either.

No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain...

I would think that if you can bring chairs and coolers, a backpack is probably ok. I'm thinking of bringing a chair, only because it has a pouch on the back that can hold my raincoat. I have no intention of sitting whatsoever.

• 4 years later...

Tried just a little too late for tickets this summers appearance. It's sold out with a registered que for cancellations. I registered, received number 289 in line.

Last performance there was tremendous.

Tried just a little too late for tickets this summers appearance. It's sold out with a registered que for cancellations. I registered, received number 289 in line.

Last performance there was tremendous.

Welcome to the que. I'm in it too at # 242! The que isn't moving up too fast...

can't be there this year, but will be attending my fourth solid sound with the wife and kiddos, so i can't really complain. the 2012 show was really fantastic, along with being my daughter's first wilco show (at age 1).

speaking of first shows, were any of you other long-timers at the 1999 newport folk festival? i believe that was my first-ever time seeing jeff and the (old) boys. just looked up the setlist again- short, but pretty sweet. if only i could find a recording, it would make quite the little time capsule for the collection...