Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, as mentioned before, people attain a certain measure of wealth, property etc. and are insulted that someone would view them as wealthy because they don't feel it. Again, I feel like a bit of a trip through South America, Europe, Africa, or Asia could be an eye opener.

This exactly the point I was trying to make.

Hell, even with an average income - making 1/4 of what some folks on here have discussed - I am relatively wealthy compared to 90% of the rest of the world.

If I can acknowledge that, it's hard to understand why someone with much, much more than me cannot...and a little sad, frankly.

Did you guys know you can't change Washington from the inside?

So yeah, I guess the whole Romney campaign is biased on partial Obama quotes taken out of context.

This is what he actually said:

The most important lesson I've learned is that you can't change Washington from the inside. You can only change it from the outside. That's how I got elected and that's how the big accomplishments like healthcare got done, was because we mobilized the American people to speak out. That's how we were able to cut taxes for middle-class families,

The GOP from day 1 has made its goal to make sure Obama is a one term president. Not to help the American people. So with trying to work with a group like that, I can see why he said what he did. The only way he could get things done is by using the American People to speak out.

I really thought the Romney campaign was going to focus more on the issue and substance. I guess it is back to using partial quotes.

Speaking of which Sparky Tweedling posted that video on on 9/16/12 and I said this.

I stand by what I said and I will say it again. Anyone who continues to repeat the "You didn't build that" BS is stupid. There is no way of putting softy or in a "respector" sort of way. Stupid, utterly stupid. They are fooled by the Right Wing Media into thinking they just because some repeats something over and over again it must be true. They are too stupid to look up the quote and actually think for themselves.

Sparky, I took you as smarter than to believe in such things.

So yeah, I guess the whole Romney campaign is biased on partial Obama quotes taken out of context.

This is what he actually said:

The GOP from day 1 has made its goal to make sure Obama is a one term president. Not to help the American people. So with trying to work with a group like that, I can see why he said what he did. The only way he could get things done is by using the American People to speak out.

I really thought the Romney campaign was going to focus more on the issue and substance. I guess it is back to using partial quotes.

Speaking of which Sparky Tweedling posted that video on on 9/16/12 and I said this.

I stand by what I said and I will say it again. Anyone who continues to repeat the "You didn't build that" BS is stupid. There is no way of putting softy or in a "respector" sort of way. Stupid, utterly stupid. They are fooled by the Right Wing Media into thinking they just because some repeats something over and over again it must be true. They are too stupid to look up the quote and actually think for themselves.

Sparky, I took you as smarter than to believe in such things.

Hahahah man that video really upset you. I'm sure that as soon as all the Right Wingers get as educated as you they will no longer be stupid and will see things you're way. Until then here is poll (yep, quite a few actually) that show Obama is wrong to claim the health care act was brought to us by the people.

We didn't build that health care act. Hehehe

Hahahah man that video really upset you. I'm sure that as soon as all the Right Wingers get as educated as you they will no longer be stupid and will see things you're way. Until then here is poll (yep, quite a few actually) that show Obama is wrong to claim the health care act was brought to us by the people.

We didn't build that health care act. Hehehe

In no way do I want do I want people to see things my way. No, I want them to to think for themselves, or at least critically think about things. We live in a bumper sticker world. Hope and Change, No Child Left Behind, You didn't build that, so on and so forth. It is bad, we have lost the ability to think for ourselves. We are subject to whatever media outlet suits our cause, be it HuffPo, The Blaze, Rachel Maddow, FoxNews or Rush Limbaugh. I am subject to it as much as anyone. I mean hell I was totally duped by the middle class is less than 200K thing. Which, actually through honest discussion on this board, brought be around to thinking that that was an ok thing said by Romney.

We can be better at this, we can have a dialogue with facts. Even though I follow the left media and I post and repost, with comments, some of my own insights. Or I use them to explain my point. I try to think for myself. When I see Romney and Ryan so blatantly lie to the American people I am sad, not because they are saying it, but because people are fooled by it.

I was listening to Rush today, as I often do, and he kept going off on saying something PBO did was bad and a disaster. But he never said once why it was bad, or explained his reasoning behind it. So to his listeners it was bad and they take as the truth. Not really understanding the why. Or the details. I am fine with facts with opinions, not opinions without facts.

BTW I am not sure what you are talking about with the poll you tried to present, but I could not find one. Oh and I guess if it is a poll of 1,000 people, it should automatically be discounted right? ;)

http://www.realclear...1947.html#polls

There are a couple with more than 1000.

Thanks for that. Though since the majority of your polls have a sampling size of 1000, I hope that you can concede that a 1000 is a fair and average sample size for an poll.

I have never liked Rasmussen (the most common poll cited), as a poll for the sole reason in their methodology the use online surveys to try to reach people who have abandoned land lines. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/about_us/methodology

Isn't it funny when we don't like a poll we attack the poll taker rather then the information provided. You did it with mine, and now I am doing it with yours.

But what you are trying to show with these poll does nothing with your argument against the current GOP meme. Sure it shows that a majority of Americans are in favor of repeal. However, I don't know if it took a majority of Americans to help get the law passed by pressuring congress. You know the squeaky wheel gets the most grease. He used the American people to help effect change in Washington, because the current group of GOP will stop at nothing to make PBO fail.

Also it seems to be interesting and just a note, that one of the central tenants of Romney's campaign is to repeal ACA. Which is at 51%. And in the latest Rasmussen poll Obama leads 49% to 46%. Draw your own conclusions, do what you want with that information.

I am truly sorry that the relatively well-off people on this thread do not feel that they are rich. That must really suck.

See, if you came to my house you'd never confuse me with a rich person. Not in the least. I have a swank 45 yr old,1600 sq foot, house that cost me a little under $600K that needs constant attention.

Look, I'm not trying to pretend to be poor or struggling to get by. I'm comfortable and happily so. But every cent that I/my wife makes goes into either home improvements or retirement. I know many people don't have that luxury and that sucks... but my point is that there are a bunch of places in the country where making what seems like a lot of money actually means you're just getting by and living the middle class life that we all aspire to.

Watching Clinton on Jon Stewart. He brought up a few interesting points:

Romney's plan would greatly increase the debt.

We are soon going to be a younger nation than China, because they do not accept immigrants and have a one child limit. After the passing of the baby boom generation our age demographics will level off. Much of the strain on social security is do to the mushroom with the big group of retiring folks not supported by an adequate younger population.

The high amount of borrowing being done by the U.S. at this time is being done at interest rates that are lower than inflation. However we need to grow the economy to start gaining enough revenue to tame the debt before interest rates go up.

This is the issue that needs to be discussed and no candidate currently in the race is discussing it. Keynesian economics and the Federal Reserve are destroying us...

Sparky-

I think you need to start a thread about why the Federal Reserve sucks. No matter who is president the thing ain't going away. It probably isn't going away anyway, but really it isn't part of the presidentail campaign.

LouieB

Living in Wisconsin, I am subject to a lot political ads, especially from Paul Ryan. His ads constantly harp on the Debt and the spending by PBO. Which made me wonder, can someone tell me why deficit spending is now a big problem that needs to be stopped, when just a few years ago the GOP (especially Ryan) didn't seem to care.

I feel the GOP and Ryan needs to be honest with the American people and say, that if it is a program he likes deficit spending is ok, if it is something he doesn't like deficit spending is bad.