Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

That line taken out of context works a lot like the "You didn't build that" bit. You're not really assuming the best here.

Post something political, current eventy, or philosophical... let us deal with personal differences elsewhere.

If everyone would play by my rules, we would have a lot more fun.

I wish I had a snappy one line response.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post something political, current eventy, or philosophical...

pretty sure I did.

the line I referred to is offensive in any context. Calling the poster out about it isn't a personal attack, it's an attack on an offensive thought.

it's also offensive to assume that someone had a better childhood when that assumption is based on certain economic circumstances. I grew up alongside some of the richest kids in Texas and many of them were miserable assholes. and it wasn't their fault. there are a lot of happy poor people. Have Jules show you some of the familias that work in his cartel.

Americans aren't poor because they want to be. Virtually every American wants to achieve that American dream and they work hard to reach it. They work two or three jobs. They scrimp and save to give their kids a better life. They don't have they money Romney's Dad did to pay for their kids college, graduate school and first house. They don't have the money to lend their kids to start new businesses (as Romney so ignorantly suggested just a couple of months ago). They work harder and longer than Romney probably ever has for a single day in his life.

The real "entitled" crowd are Romney and his ilk. They never pay the "sucky work tax". They have big offices, four car elevators, dressage horses, yachts and they they STILL want to pay less in taxes. They work for companies that pay them huge bonuses whether they succeed or fail. When was the last time you got a bonus and not the boot for screwing up big time on YOUR job? They feel entitled to massive government subsidies of their businesses. After all who has their hand out to the government more than big business? When they commit crimes that harm countless people their companies pay fines. No matter how large their crimes they almost never go to jail.

Americans are poor because of the Federal Reserve system which is destroying our currency through inflation and debt to name a few reasons. As long as we allow a private cartel of banks to manipulate our monetary system we will never get out of this mess...

The Federal Reserve Is Destroying Social Security And The Retirement Plans Of Millions Of Americans

it's also offensive to assume that someone had a better childhood when that assumption is based on certain economic circumstances. I grew up alongside some of the richest kids in Texas and many of them were miserable assholes. and it wasn't their fault. there are a lot of happy poor people. Have Jules show you some of the familias that work in his cartel.

Money does not equate happiness, an old truism worth remembering in a discussion about socioeconomic class. However, I think the original post was indicating that growing up without a father is less than ideal. I thought you made it personal when you added that "And I get suspended?!!" bit.

In other news the media seems to be taking a piss on the Romney campaign.

In other news the media seems to be taking a piss on the Romney campaign.

Romney's campaign was pretty much flawed from the start.

I have said it before, but a decent candidate should be crushing PBO. It shows really how far the religious right, the TEA Partiers, and the Grover Norquist types have pushed the GOP.

You know what republican would have no problem beating PBO? 2002 Mitt Romney.

You really need to provide some context for all of this. Or at least site some references, cause mostly I have no idea what you are on about.

If you are talking about the Lockerbie bomber, he was handed over by the Scottish Government and he died in May. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103

On the Blind Sheik, can you give me a credible source? I looked it up and it seems to be all attributed to the Blaze.com and Glenn Beck. I am sorry those are not credible sources.

On the bowing thing, I personal don't see it. At least he didn't kiss him and hold his hand ala GWB http://sayitaintsoalready.com/2009/04/15/george-bush-kisses-a-saudi-prince/

I think your weakness claim is a perceived weakness. You maybe referencing to "Obama's Apology Tour." Yeah not so much of an apology http://factcheck.org/2012/08/romneys-sorry-apology-tour-dig/. Or the apology by the Egypt embassy, in which MItt pretty much said the same thing.

I have listened to Rush lately saying that the violence in the Middle East is a result of PBO's weak foreign policy. I am not sure what Romney would have done to stem the violence, or stop it in the first place. Also if you go by the logic that violence is a result of PBO's weak foreign policy, wouldn't you have to then claim weakness on GWB, Clinton, GHWB, and Regan. They all had protests against the US in the Middle East, as well as bombings (1983 - Beruit; 1998 - Tazina; and seven embassies where attacked while GWB was prez http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/14/krauthammer-whitewashes-bushs-history-to-bash-o/189890 ) It really is a poor argument.

We cannot run around acting like a Cowboy, shooting anyone who looks at us funny. The Bush Doctrine got us into a huge mess in Afghanistan and Iraq. I am not sure what Romney would do differently than Bush.

Listen I am all for a spirited debate on foreign policy, I think it is an important thing to discuss. I think it is getting looked over. I just don't see Romney having the knowledge and wherewithal to manage foreign policy effectively. What I am doing is looking at history and what Romney has done recently. He had several noted missteps in his European tour and with the bombings recently he choose to score political points rather than wait and respond when all the facts where known.

Also if you are gonna go on a rant, please take the time to at least back up what you are saying with a little reference. You could have brought up some interesting points, but I spent most of my time trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

I really appreciate all the attention you've given me.

The bomber dying slipped by me.

The blind Shiek....well we'll wait and see.

As the embassies are concerned, it's funny to compare Reagan, and Bush (16 years) to Carter and Obama (8 years).... 60 hostages and recent violence that surpasses a lot of what's happened in the past.

Now to the rant, if I had time to cut and paste everything I read on blogs and media matters, whom I don't give much credit to, then I would. I take back my apology for the rant. It felt good.

Romney's campaign was pretty much flawed from the start.

I have said it before, but a decent candidate should be crushing PBO. It shows really how far the religious right, the TEA Partiers, and the Grover Norquist types have pushed the GOP.

You know what republican would have no problem beating PBO? 2002 Mitt Romney.

Substitute a few names and words and it's like we transported back 8 years.

8 years and 16 years...

I really appreciate all the attention you've given me.

The bomber dying slipped by me.

And the fact he was released by the Scottish government.

And it is funny to compare what is happened in the past? No you have to compare what happened in the past. The violence that is happening now to our is terrible, but is it much worse then what has happened before. It is a convenient thing to say, hey look at the protests, Obama is weak (which the correlation is still beyond me). But then discount that argument when it has happen to previous presidents? Hey you know what the people in the middle east don't like Americans very much, they are pissed off at us for a lot of reasons. And exactly how would the grand foreign policy of Mitt Romney have prevented these attacks?

All I am saying is if you are gonna rant, or say something at least have some facts to back it up. Most everything I reference (I say most cause honestly I have at times referenced some questionable sources) is from a reputable news organization (or at least in turn references a reputable news source). By going off and getting things factually wrong (ie Lockerbie bomber) or stating something that you may have "heard" really does not lend credence to any argument you have.

Listen we two seem to be the only one talking about foreign policy, I said before it is an important discussion to have. I just wish there was something you could show me to back up what you say. Or some evidence that Mitt Romney has not been a complete disaster when it comes to foreign policy. Other wise it is just a rant, the same as some guy yelling at me on the street corner.

If you never know your father you didnt have a great childhood. Just keep lying to yourself but leave us out of it.

However, I think the original post was indicating that growing up without a father is less than ideal.

we can have this discussion in some other forum, but the post said nothing about "less than ideal." it clearly stated that someone's childhood isn't great if that child doesn't know his/her father. That is insulting and offensive to a host of different family units (I have a great relationship with my father, lest anyone think this is some "sore spot" rant), and I don't think it's unreasonable for me to point out that kind of posting when silly antic joke posting gets people suspended and/or permanently banned from this site. that is all I have to say on the matter out of respect to the topic at hand and the moderating staff.

except to say that there are probably dozens of happy little tanned workers in South America who don't have a clue that Jules is their father. I think some people here owe them an apology. Or at least apologize to Jules, since those kids aren't allowed to read or have internet access.

8 years and 16 years...

Yep, I've said a bunch of times that it's hard to win when your main selling point is that "Well, at least I'm not that guy."

I fell for that hard after the 2004 election -- couldn't understand how Bush could have gotten reelected. Then I remembered he was running against John Kerry. :yucky

Please, folks, don't get complacent about Obama's reelection prospects. There is still plenty of time, and poll numbers may not truly reflect what people will do on November 6. We need everyone who can pitch in to do so. It will be close, and Mitt is nowhere near out of it. I know I will not be relaxed about it until it's over.

No no! Do not listen to this! Don't worry guys Obama has this thing wrapped up! Just relax. Hahaha ;)

No no! Do not listen to this! Don't worry guys Obama has this thing wrapped up! Just relax. Hahaha ;)

That is so funny that you would do that. My original post added something like, "However, if you are on the other side of the fence, it's really okay if you stay home because you feel demoralized. Please, feel free to sit this one out." :lol

My internal editor got the better of me, and I deleted that part before posting.

And in the financial news today....

http://www.dailyfina...-no-income-tax/

By the way, relatively to most Americans, households earning over $200K per year are rich. You may not think you are, but you know what? Rich people never think they are rich. They can always point to someone far, far richer and say, "That guy...he's rich."

That is so funny that you would do that. My original post added something like, "However, if you are on the other side of the fence, it's really okay if you stay home because you feel demoralized. Please, feel free to sit this one out." :lol

My internal editor got the better of me, and I deleted that part before posting.

I love it! :)

And in the financial news today....

http://www.dailyfina...-no-income-tax/

By the way, relatively to most Americans, households earning over $200K per year are rich. You may not think you are, but you know what? Rich people never think they are rich. They can always point to someone far, far richer and say, "That guy...he's rich."

That is freaking hilarious. $200K per year is RICH? I can't even comment further on this statement because I find it so ludicrous.

This is interesting and it shows Mitt's biggest problem, people can't relate to him.

http://news.yahoo.co...ith-romney.html

Not saying that this is something that would affect his ability to be president or whatever, but it seems like an obvious stat. Something that the Romney campaign should have known and maybe they need to keep him from saying dumb shit that makes him sound like Mr. Burns.

Also there are some of the other polls are interesting as well. it seems the GOP has lost their edge on National Security. (I can see Tweedling's head exploding now)

This is interesting and it shows Mitt's biggest problem, people can't relate to him.

http://news.yahoo.co...ith-romney.html

Not saying that this is something that would affect his ability to be president or whatever, but it seems like an obvious stat. Something that the Romney campaign should have known and maybe they need to keep him from saying dumb shit that makes him sound like Mr. Burns.

Also there are some of the other polls are interesting as well. it seems the GOP has lost their edge on National Security. (I can see Tweedling's head exploding now)

Oh my goodness! A poll from Esquire magazine?! I like it. ;)

I had to "get my head together" to respond to this. Hahaha

Oh my goodness! A poll from Esquire magazine?! I like it. ;)

I had to "get my head together" to respond to this. Hahaha

Is the poll the problem, or the magazine, or what? Are you discounting the poll? It brings up some interesting things. Do you have anything of substance to offer?

Depending on circumstances, $200K salary can make you "well-off" or "comfortable." In monetary terms, "rich" is having everything paid-off and not ever needing any salary to live decently.

That's a fair definition. I just meant that if it's incomprehensible to call $200k a year rich, then perhaps your world view is a little stunted.

Is the poll the problem, or the magazine, or what? Are you discounting the poll? It brings up some interesting things. Do you have anything of substance to offer?

Substance? If by cutting and pasting a ton of links to blogs and opinions and writing a thousand word post is substance...then no.

You know what KevinG, just about the time I think you and I could banter a little bit and laugh at some of this you come in with your usual little snarky comment.

I honestly thought you were posting this poll as a joke.....because I think that's what it is. Not to mention the part where you could see my head explode. I thought that was humorous.

The poll and the liberal tilted magazine (which I enjoy reading from time to time) is the problem. There were 1000 people polled?....Sheez and to be honest, I can't remember a candidate I've "related" to in my lifetime.

So go ahead and keep doing what you've been doing and I'll try not to take it light hearted.;)