The Who - 11/03/12, Orlando, FL (Amway Arena)

1. ‘I Am the Sea’

2. ‘The Real Me’

3. ‘Quadrophenia’

4. ‘Cut My Hair’

5. ‘The Punk and the Godfather’

6. ‘I’m One’

7. ‘The Dirty Jobs’

8. ‘Helpless Dancer’

9. ‘Is It in My Head?’

10. ‘I’ve Had Enough’

11. ’5:15′

12. ‘Sea and Sand’

13. ‘Drowned’

14. ‘Bell Boy’

15. ‘Doctor Jimmy’

16. ‘The Rock’

17. ‘Love, Reign O’er Me’

E:

18. 'Baba O'Riley'

19. 'The Kids Are Alright' (!)

20. 'Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere' (!)

21. 'Behind Blue Eyes'

22. 'Who Are You'

23. 'Won't Get Fooled Again'

24. 'Tea & Theatre'

Fantastic set with great energy. The encores were amazing.

Pete had walked off the stage during Baba O'Riley a couple nights earlier, so last night it almost seemed like they were trying to make up for it. Lots of smiles, lots of windmills. Pretty impressive, and sounded better than they have in years...perhaps with some "technical enhancement," but who knows? And really, who cares? Probably the last chance to see these guys, and glad I went. Paying for it today, though. :lol

Thanks for the setlist. Where are you getting the show reports from? I didn't have the willpower to not look at the encores, I just wanted to make sure we wouldn't be bummed by what they had to leave out. Looks like it'll be what I'd hope for, a good solid encore of non-Quadrophenia songs for my wife and son who have never seen The Who before. Have they been mixing up the encore so far?

I looked up reviews of the first show, but didn't read the encores until after my show (which was only the second night of the tour). They definitely changed up the encores, but who knows how that will progress?

One thing, for sure: we got better encores last night than they did the first night. And with Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere, it was obviously the first time they had played it in a while. There was a major false start, where things were out of sync, and Pete called for it to be started over from the top. The second attempt worked well.

It was a pretty great show, given Daltrey's age and his now limited ability to hit all the high notes. They both sounded very good and seemed in good spirits.

I looked up reviews of the first show

What website are you looking at for show reviews? I can't find them.

Did anyone see the making of Quadrophenia documentary that is playing on Palladia lately? Quite good. Even though I know about the massive internal tension in the band, its still shocking to me to hear Pete say in a recent interview he doesn't think highly of Moon's drumming. I can't think of another band I love that created so much good music by seeming to actively undermine one another. They had so much talent that it only made them better.

Sorry, I didn't answer your question properly the first time. I don't think there is a good site for reviews of all the shows, no idea. I just googled the name of the town or the venue and looked for reviews from local news outlets. Like for the Orlando show, a google news search for "the who quadrophenia amway orlando" brings up this review of the show I attended: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/2012/11/concert-review-the-who-at-amway-center.html

Have not seen that making of Quadrophenia doc, sounds interesting. Is Palladia available on basic cable in the U.S?

Sorry, I didn't answer your question properly the first time. I don't think there is a good site for reviews of all the shows, no idea. I just googled the name of the town or the venue and looked for reviews from local news outlets. Like for the Orlando show, a google news search for "the who quadrophenia amway orlando" brings up this review of the show I attended: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/2012/11/concert-review-the-who-at-amway-center.html

Have not seen that making of Quadrophenia doc, sounds interesting. Is Palladia available on basic cable in the U.S?

Thanks! I'll look some more. Palladia is a high def music channel, so probably not with most basic cable packages. Lots of crap on there, but every once in awhile they have some pretty cool stuff.

Glad to hear there is a horn section, I was hoping there would be real horns and not synthesized ones.

Thanks, analogman, that's the one. Now I can watch it and show it to my son at our convenience! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUPDyFXFkk

I was also at the Orlando show and I must admit that it was better than I'd expected; Daltrey's throat surgery has noticeably improved his singing.

It was a fitting bookend to my first show: Orlando 1982. The B-52s weren't very well received that day and Joan Jett didn't fare much better, but at least she was able to finish her set.

Pro-shot, VHS-quality video of the Orlando surfaced a year or two ago. It's a copy of the video feed that was projected on the big screen at the dangerously crowded Tangerine Bowl that night. Here's 'I Can See for Miles':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4AskC6DX48

I was excited when the reissued version of It's Hard came out several years ago and one of the live bonus tracks had this intro from Pete: "From the Magic Kingdom to the herpes master class." I remembered that line from Orlando, but it appears that the subsequent song was recorded at the "farewell" show in Toronto a few weeks later. I have no idea why they chose to tack on a bit of banter from Orlando, but I'd like to think that it means they have excellent recordings of the show and must have considered them for release. Maybe someday.

This board won't let me post the link, but you can hear the intro on Youtube if you search for Who Orlando 1982 Cry if You Want.