how do you feel about things?

I missed The Drovers reunion at the Abbey last night. Even Kathleen came back! Sounds like it was a one time thing too dammit. One of the best places to be in the early 90s in Chicago was a Drovers show at the Abbey.

I missed The Drovers reunion at the Abbey last night. Even Kathleen came back! Sounds like it was a one time thing too dammit. One of the best places to be in the early 90s in Chicago was a Drovers show at the Abbey.

is Billy Benson still managing the Drovers?  wow has it been 20 years?  Always a good version of sympathy for the devil ..

is Billy Benson still managing the Drovers?  wow has it been 20 years?  Always a good version of sympathy for the devil ..

I dont know but I did hear their manager passed away yesterday........dont know the name, sorry.

Edit: It was Matt Suhar, their agent.

Thanks for the update NoJ.

I'd look forward to another Drovers show!

Hopefully if there is another show, we'll see an announcement well ahead of showtime..  thx again .

• 3 weeks later...

Hence my earlier comment here to which I assumed the reply was 'Eh?' and needed more explanation.

Oh funny. I hadn't read all the way up in the thread. I just saw your comment about Thatcher and thought I'd post my cryptic little Costello remark. I guess we both know what we were referring to!

So as one of our resident Brits, are you feeling any pangs of sadness? I'm thinking back to when Reagan died, and I can honestly say I wasn't sorry, although I didn't take any great pleasure in it. Especially given his descent into Alzheimers, which I guess affected Thatcher as well.

So as one of our resident Brits, are you feeling any pangs of sadness?

None whatsoever. As a Welshman, the miners strike of 83-84 was a terrible time indeed. There were certain things that needed to be changed with the way Trade Unions operated, but she led a cynical campaign to break them at any cost without a care for the single-industry communities affected. Heartless and morally bankrupt.

None whatsoever. As a Welshman, the miners strike of 83-84 was a terrible time indeed. There were certain things that needed to be changed with the way Trade Unions operated, but she led a cynical campaign to break them at any cost without a care for the single-industry communities affected. Heartless and morally bankrupt.

Sounds like raygun and the early 80s air controller strike. Birds of a feather and all that.