George Jones -- RIP

Rest in peace, George Jones, one of the great voices in the history of country music.

Damn. George was one of the greatest voices in Country or any genre for that matter.

Looks like No-Show Jones will be a no-show for good now.

Sorry to hear this news. I saw him once many, many years ago. It was a rescheduled show, naturally--back in those days he missed a lot of dates. But the audience was adoring and forgiving, and his voice was just great. It was a treat to get to see him perform live.

Sad really. I am amazed he lived this long. One of the last of the great country singers for sure.

Sorry for a shameless plug here, but Rosie (formerly Tweedys Gurl of VC) and I are going to be playing country music including George Jones and Tammy Wynette next Thursday at 10 central on her show on WDBX.org on the internet. Please tune us in for two hours of country music before it was taken over by the pod people (as I heard Emmylou say in concert recently.)  Should be fun. 

LouieB

Well okay. So someone can make good country music. (I admit I didn't actually listen to it, but I will take your word for it.)  That was hardly my point.  The difference between how this guy came up and the way George Jones did is very different. That was what I meant.  The world is a different place now.

LouieB

Well okay. So someone can make good country music. (I admit I didn't actually listen to it, but I will take your word for it.)  That was hardly my point.  The difference between how this guy came up and the way George Jones did is very different. That was what I meant.  The world is a different place now.

LouieB

I understand your point, I was mostly just giving a shout out to Daniel Romano.  He's actually one of a the very few that are writing and releasing traditional, George Jones style country music.  Still a very underground market.