Remember Susan kind of passed the blame to spencer when she said he put it on her iPod ;)

Oh, I thought she said to Jeff, "You put it on there." 

(This is why I like all the banter left on the show CD, because I miss a lot being on sensory overload etc at the moment, and then subsequently forget even more when when it is cut out, as my memory is for shit at this age!)

Oh, I thought she said to Jeff, "You put it on there." 

(This is why I like all the banter left on the show CD, because I miss a lot being on sensory overload etc at the moment, and then subsequently forget even more when when it is cut out, as my memory is for shit at this age!)

she did say Jeff put it on there. do i need to transcribe the conversation?  :twitchsmile

I still want to know why I got smack-downed on a cover request when he played others . . . :glare

Nevertheless, great night.  This was a really loose, enjoyable LRS, and everyone that played or sang with Jeff was stellar.

Probably payback for all those years trying to stump him.  :headbonk   ... or maybe it was in retaliation for "Rainbow.Connection"  :frog

But really, my take was that he just didn't feel like playing it compared to your second choice, which was one of his songs, "What's the World Got in Store"  - - a fantastic pick, and it's certainly not as difficult to sing. 

Yes! "Black Moon" and it was perfection!

Lots of talent at this show:

Violin on "Black Moon"

Keyboards on "God"

Keyboards & vocals on "You & I"

Keyboards on "Company in My Back"

Guitar on "I'm The Man Who Loves You"

But we did get to hear a cut from Mavis' new album which was "One True Vine" which you all know is sort of an outtake that missed, what, Sky Blue Sky?   But hearing Mavis sing it, she just owns this 100%.  Just stunning.  And the version we listened to was sans keyboards, apparently, which was (according to Jeff) Susan's fault, then (according to Susan) Jeff's fault, and then Susan's fault, and then Jeff's fault, but one thing was certain to Susan ... "Spencer sounded great."   hahaha!   I love the long-married husband/wife banter.

He played this at our 2008 show, yes?

He played this at our 2008 show, yes?

Yes!  Had to check, that was a long time ago.  Fun thread.  Good times!  Atticus, that was a special kind of nirvana for you, alright.

Who played the violin, keyboards, etc.?

It was all members of our group this year and I'll let them identify themselves publicly here if they wish.  In case they want to remain "incognito." 

We learned that ... it will be a long time until the rockin version of "Spiders" returns.

I do much prefer the melodic version, but am interested if there was any logic behind that decision? Simply too many other loud or long songs for one setlist? E.g AoA could fit both categories now. But not even occassionally in rotation? Has JT simply decided the song should always be presented in that (original) form now?

I do much prefer the melodic version, but am interested if there was any logic behind that decision? Simply too many other loud or long songs for one setlist? E.g AoA could fit both categories now. But not even occassionally in rotation? Has JT simply decided the song should always be presented in that (original) form now?

I didn't get any sense that he has disavowed it completely or forever. Just that he's liking the version they're doing now. He didn't really elaborate. 

Yes! Had to check, that was a long time ago. Fun thread. Good times! Atticus, that was a special kind of nirvana for you, alright.

Thanks for linking that, Wendy. Hadn't read it in years. Amazing all these years and life later that we're still getting to do these. Can't wait for duo #8!