I love how this thread went from "Dave Grohl mentioned I Am Trying to Break Your Heart in an interview," to a discussion on the merits, or lack thereof, of a collaboration between the two. Personally, I don't see "Grohlco" jiving.

I was thinking maybe he could direct the next Wilco movie.

Here's a thing:

Wilco: Formed 1994, several lineup changes, only 2 members have remained throughout.  Lead singer / guitarist, bassist

Foo Fighters: Formed 1994, several lineup changes, only 2 members have remained throughout.  Lead singer / guitarist, bassist

And, yes, I know, Foo Fighters was originally just Dave Grohl, but come on, it's something.

Foo Fighters: Formed 1994, several lineup changes, only 2 members have remained throughout.  Lead singer / guitarist, bassist

Who are the two in Foos?  Grohl and Pat Smear?

Bassist Nate Mendel

I saw Foo Fighters on their first tour, opening for Mike Watt before they had released anything (I think).  Pat Smear was with them then.  Not trying to nit-pick you, just remembering a cool show.

^^The record that song comes from was the Watt tour that Foo Fighters opened.  Watt's band for that tour was Grohl/Watt/Vedder.  Eddie Vedder was surprisingly sufficient on guitar, although they had Pat Smear come out to play on some songs.