Yesterday I went to Martyrs for The Moth event that happens there every month. I was hanging out front with a buddy of mine, having smokes before the show started. A few feet from us, I noticed a guy unlocking or locking his bike but didnt think anything more of it. The guy then hopped on his bike and headed north on Lincoln. At that point my buddy says-hey, did that guy just steal that bike seat? I turn and look at the guy riding away and sure enough, he's got the stem of seat sticking out of his back pack. Then the dude starts laughing maniacally. And there is a bike right in front of us with no seat.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, no messing up my mindless thread with more mindlessness. Lets stay in time, dont get out of line.

• 8 months later...

Yesterday I went to Martyrs for The Moth event that happens there every month. I was hanging out front with a buddy of mine, having smokes before the show started. A few feet from us, I noticed a guy unlocking or locking his bike but didnt think anything more of it. The guy then hopped on his bike and headed north on Lincoln. At that point my buddy says-hey, did that guy just steal that bike seat? I turn and look at the guy riding away and sure enough, he's got the stem of seat sticking out of his back pack. Then the dude starts laughing maniacally. And there is a bike right in front of us with no seat.

People used to make fun of me for taking my bike seat with me when I would lock up my bike.

"Who's going to steal a bike seat?" they would ask.

Now I feel totally vindicated. 

Fuckers.

• 2 weeks later...

Cooked up some cajun style blackened catfish for Sunday dinner. Served on a bed of brown rice with a white wine/butter/lemon sauce. Sho is good!

Yesterday I traded a 12 pack of Miller Lite (bottles) for a van load of split, seasoned hard wood (plus some birch) to be used by my family for the upcoming camping season. 100 mile round trip but well worth it.

Yesterday I traded a 12 pack of Miller Lite (bottles) for a van load of split, seasoned hard wood (plus some birch) to be used by my family for the upcoming camping season. 100 mile round trip but well worth it.

Do you ever run into camping areas that don't allow outside wood to be brought into the area?

Do you ever run into camping areas that don't allow outside wood to be brought into the area?

Sometimes but I pay no mind to such foolishness.

Limiting the spread of emerald ash borer and other invasive pests is not foolishness.

I consider myself the Johnny Appleseed of the emerald ash borer. Its a much maligned and misunderstood little bugger that has a lot to offer the world. You should try showing some tolerance.

Sometimes but I pay no mind to such foolishness.

Sometimes it does seem to be a money scamming racket to bring more money into their campground ---- but I lost a tree to the borer (the tree was pretty much dead, when we moved in) and my parents neighborhood was pretty much wiped out.

My parents' neighborhood is right off a highway and the town attributed the highway (the suckers attached themselves to trucks and spring for it once the drive by, I guess) to the invasion.

I guess the developers, back in the early 70s, planted the ash trees, because they are a cheap tree to purchase. I grew up in the neighborhood - it does look pretty pitiful, now.

I consider myself the Johnny Appleseed of the emerald ash borer. Its a much maligned and misunderstood little bugger that has a lot to offer the world. You should try showing some tolerance.

How is it maligned? From my knowledge (pretty limited) on beetles, it's a destructive critter outside of its normal habitat. Bringing in outside wood helps to potentially fuck up the ecosystem/tree population.

Clam down.

Northern IL has been decimated by the ash borer, the damage has already been done.