Now Playing: October/November, 2013

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41urvxwGyVL._SY300_.jpg

Just picked that one up this morning and listened to a few of the songs.  What do you think?  Reminds me of First Aid Kit.  Very good harmonies.  Wish it had more dynamics from what I've heard so far.  Still, pretty phenomenal for a 16 and 18 yr. old.  My 9 yr. old has played a few gigs and is starting to write her own music, so I'm very interested in listening to younger artists.

Just picked that one up this morning and listened to a few of the songs.  What do you think?  Reminds me of First Aid Kit.  Very good harmonies.  Wish it had more dynamics from what I've heard so far.  Still, pretty phenomenal for a 16 and 18 yr. old.  My 9 yr. old has played a few gigs and is starting to write her own music, so I'm very interested in listening to younger artists.

A friend just passed it to me this morning. I like it. The arrangements are pretty sparse, but I think too much more would get in the way of those harmonies. Talented young women for sure.

Jobriath_1_1281626292_resize_460x400.jpg

310FfNwzl%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

When listening to this, I find myself having thoughts like "you have to be one hell of a cold hearted, cynical SOB not to fall in love with this record".  It is timeless, and utterly joyful. I really love that there is a band out there making music like this. There are days when I badly need it.  

Who is it?

What is it?

Oh, and blur your eyes a little and it looks like a close-up shot of a vagina.

Who is it?

What is it?

Oh, and blur your eyes a little and it looks like a close-up shot of a vagina.

I was curious too. Turns out it's the latest from Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.