Thought we had a thread about this song, but I couldn't find it. Found this video and liked the camerawork, getting up close during the "mayhem of noise" parts of the song.

Just been in a Summerteeth mood today, with the endless rain and gloom this week.

The album version in my mind still trumps the live version. Two takes -- a quiet, acoustic-driven one and a loud, feedback-driven one -- cross-faded together. I love how the noise sort of bubbles just under the surface, disappears and comes back again, only really breaking through in the "I know I'll make it back..." verse and in the fade-out. You can really hear the longing, exhaustion and pain in his voice.

I do enjoy the live version of today, but it doesn't do it for me like the record does. Sometimes the noise seems more forced than natural.

It is indeed. Love Jeff's solo arrangement of it.

I was lucky enough to hear him play it solo a few times before it came out on Summerteeth - so I have always have been partial to his solo arrangement --- I do enjoy the full band version, though I agree at times it seems forced, as choo-choo stated. The stage lights are always great during the tune.