Paul McCartney Summer 2014 Tour

I just saw yesterday that Paul McCartney is coming to my area this summer! Pretty exciting. Here's the list of tour dates for the summer, and stuff. Looks like a little less than half are already sold out. 

My husband and I are going to Nashville I am pretty sure- any experiences about past shows you guys wanna share? 

I never thought I would get to see Paul live in my wildest dreams. Pretty stoked. 

Here are the rest of the dates: 

June 14: Lubbock, TX - United Spirit Arena
June 16: Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
June 19: New Orleans, LA – Smoothie King Center (SOLD OUT)
June 21: Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
June 22: Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
June 25: Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
June 26: Louisville, KY – Yum! Center (SOLD OUT)
July 5: Albany, NY – Times Union Center (SOLD OUT)
July 7: Pittsburgh, PA – Consol Energy Center (SOLD OUT)
August 7: Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena

Go. By all means go. We went last May and it was excellent. Fantastic set list, great band and Paul was a ball of energy. 5 guys having fun. You would never guess he was 71 if you didn't know it. I bought the cheapest seats in the last row of the farthest away nosebleeds but a few days before the show, I bought 14th row center seats for less than half price on Ebay and sold mine on Ebay for what I paid. Money well spent. We vowed to see him every year but we will be in Newfoundland during all of the dates in driving distance. So much for vows. Enjoy.

I'm a huge fan. Always been a Beatle fan, but also never thought I would have a chance to see Sir Paul. I have seen him three times in the past four years, and the experience is among my best concert memories.

Paul puts on a fantastic 36+ songs, 3-hour show. He switches between bass (lest we forget what a fantastic, ground-breaking bass player he has always been), electric guitar, acoustic guitar, ukelele and, of course, piano. I encourage anyone who can see him to go see him while we still have the chance. You can get a nosebleed seat, and it will still be well worth it - he really works the crowd in a down-to-earth but fun way - but I like to get the best seats possible. I would rather spend the money now and struggle later than pass on it and regret it. My bride and I will be in the 22nd row for the Jacksonville show.

I know that it won't happen, but I would love to see him play small-room or theater-size, solo/acoustic shows. 

That would be amazing.

More dates added today.  Crossing my fingers that a date gets added near LA.  Saw him at the Hollywood Bowl last time he came around and it was seriously the most fun show I've ever attended.  Paul is such an incredible performer with boundless joy and energy.  HIs band is excellent too.

Paul is such an incredible performer with boundless joy and energy.  HIs band is excellent too.

It's hard to overstate how true this is. My buddy Don the drummer always mentions how Paul's drummer is "a beast," and he is. The guy who sings harmony and plays lead guitar is very good, too. He's a real showman.

For me, it's all about the catalog and the calendar. Those songs are timeless - Hey Jude, Yesterday, Let It Be - and anyone but Paul singing them is just not the same. In ten years, Paul will be what, 81? 82? His show is not like Buddy Guy's, with just a few vocals and a lot of solos and improv. He sings about 38 songs over a 3-hour period. It's just a matter of time before he either 1) Cannot do it, or 2) Cannot do it well, but no one has the nerve to tell him so. I think it's well worth seeing him now while he still has it. He is irreplaceable.

He's coming to my hometown (2 hours from where I currently live) six days after my second child will be born. Argh.

Wow, didn't you just have one?  Or maybe time flies.  Either way congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Got tickets to see the shows at Dodger Stadium and The Farewell to Candlestick Park Concert in SF.  We sprung for good tix in SF and I managed to get $25 tickets for the Dodger Stadium show.  $25 to see Paul McCartney?  What a steal!

• 1 month later...