Allmans (really Warren I'm sure) paid tribute during their show Saturday night

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/123135/Allman-Brothers-Band-Pay-Tribute-To-Jack-Bruce-At-Beacon

Before I saw this I was bothered leaving Fleetwood Mac show Saturday night that they said and did nothing.  And 2 of the founding members were countrymen and contemporaries of Bruce.  Not a word, although they found plenty of time to talk about themselves.  Then I got home and saw that the Allmans did Politician, and was even more pissed at FM.

More tributes performed Saturday

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/123138/Umphreys-and-Dopapod-Cover-White-Room-For-Jack-Bruce

One thing that can always be said about the jam band musicians: they know their musical heritage and always ready to pay tribute to it.

I haven't been listening to Cream for while, but over the last month (prior to Bruce's passing) - I have been listening to them quite a bit. Mostly to the below boot. They definitely jammed and Bruce was a hell of a player.

Cream - Sun Vanishes Birth Of The Six Strings God October 15, 1967 Grande Ballroom Detroit, MI Mid Valley Soundboard

Wow little response here. This is a sad one. Cream was one of my favorites as a youngster, as were some of his solo efforts.

LouieB

I haven't seen much sorrow from his peers (not that he'd admit to having any), either.

Not surprising, really - he wasn't the nicest person. He was hugely arrogant, second only to Ginger Baker.

Wow little response here. This is a sad one. Cream was one of my favorites as a youngster, as were some of his solo efforts. 

LouieB

If the thread title were "Jack Bruce Dies While Needing 2 Tix to Wilco Chicago 12/12" there would be a dozen pages by now.

Cream was one of the first '60's bands u took a liking to as a very young kid. My sister is 9 years older and she lived the '60's. She was coming home with all these great albums as they were being released. I was like 10 years old. Disraeli Gears connected quickly with me, couldn't resist Sunshine of Your Love. I never truly appreciated what a great bass player he was until much later in life.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I was obsessed with Cream as a teenager in the late '80s. I got to see Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker in concert during that time, and it was a huge thrill for me to see them.  I don't listen to Cream often anymore, but I still love listening to Jack on his Things we Like album, and also on Tony Williams Lifetime's Turn It Over,  and the title song from Zappa's Apostrophe.