Albums I got on Vinyl for Christmas this year...

I got a lot of kick ass vinyl for Christmas this year.  I know a lot of folks have recently got AMF on vinyl, but I thought I'd start a post and list my goods and see what other cool things have popped up on your turntables...

Here's mine:

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (original/used copy)

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible (new copy)

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks (new 180g pressing)

These are records I got for my fiancee (which technically means, I get them too - so I'll list them)

The Avett Brothers - Emotionalism (new copy)

The Decemberists - What A Terrible World, What A Beatiful World (pre-ordered and waiting to receive in January)

The Decemberists - Make You Better/Fits and Starts (Record Store Day 7")

No records, but Santa brought me a new turntable: Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB. Such a sweet upgrade from my previous 'starter' TT. Pretty stoked.

That's what I have, except mine is the AT-PL120 (non-usb).  I've been very happy with it.  No problems in the five years I've owned it.  The only thing I've changed was the cartdidge and stylus when the original stylus wore out (I upgradede to the one in the link), but it sounds great with the stock cartridge.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-M97xE-High-Performance-Magnetic-Cartridge/dp/B00006I5SB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420057007&sr=8-1&keywords=shure+m97xe

That's what I have, except mine is the AT-PL120 (non-usb).  I've been very happy with it.  No problems in the five years I've owned it.  The only thing I've changed was the cartdidge and stylus when the original stylus wore out (I upgradede to the one in the link), but it sounds great with the stock cartridge.

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-M97xE-High-Performance-Magnetic-Cartridge/dp/B00006I5SB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420057007&sr=8-1&keywords=shure+m97xe

Wow, that is funny. I was just looking at cartridge upgrades (like a nerd) and that one was on my radar. Had good reviews from what I read. Also considering the Octofon 2M Red.

not sure if it is in what you are looking to spend, but I have used a Sumiko Blue Point for the last few decades (different ones) and have never complained about the sound.

I was a little shocked by how much needles/carts go for. Not sure what my price range is just yet, but thanks for the recommendation. Gonna read some reviews on that one.

Hey I got a AT LP120-USB as well, for my money, it's the best turntable available in that price range. Though I still haven't heard one of those Uturn Orbits yet.

My wife Santa did good this year.

Uncle Tupelo - No Depression

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves

Elliott Smith - Either/Or

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (one of those expensive "Original Master Recordings" records, I have to admit, it sounds awesome)

Plus right before Christmas Jack White and the Bricks, Jack White Live at Bonnaroo, and the Neil Young boxset with Time Fades Away, On the Beach, Tonight's The Night, and Zuma.

I got my wife The Postal Service 3xLP and Oh Inverted World by The Shins. She had a Sub Pop Christmas.

Wilco - Alpha Mike Foxtrot

I didn't get this for Christmas.  Too subtle I guess.  So I bought a copy for myself on Boxing Day. 

Now I've got "Any Major Dude Will Tell You" stuck in my head.  Plus I've got a big hunka gunk on "True Love Will Find You In The End".  Will give it a good cleaning on the weekend and see if I can make it disappear.

Hey I got a AT LP120-USB as well, for my money, it's the best turntable available in that price range. Though I still haven't heard one of those Uturn Orbits yet.

My wife Santa did good this year.

Uncle Tupelo - No Depression

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves

Elliott Smith - Either/Or

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (one of those expensive "Original Master Recordings" records, I have to admit, it sounds awesome)

Plus right before Christmas Jack White and the Bricks, Jack White Live at Bonnaroo, and the Neil Young boxset with Time Fades Away, On the Beach, Tonight's The Night, and Zuma.

I got my wife The Postal Service 3xLP and Oh Inverted World by The Shins. She had a Sub Pop Christmas.

It Still Moves is great!  Got that one a few years ago.  On mine the labels are backwards on one of the records.

We also picked up a couple Shins releases recently - Chutes Too Narrow and Wincing The Night Away

To add to my own list - a friend gave me this year's David Bowie record store day 10" with Sue and Tis Pity She's A Whore

Ooh, is it good? How's the sound quality?

Not as good as I would have hoped for a professionally recorded album.  Sounds a bit thin and bootleggy.  But having said that, it's a great record and the sound is good enough to make it worthwhile.