Your favorite things that never happened at a concert you attended

One time Lauren, Pete and I were at a Wilco show in Chicago and I fought a space heater with my light saber.  And won.  It happened during the bridge section of Theologians.  I struck the fatal blow during "a ghost is born, a ghost is born."  It was incredible.

I was at a Jerry Garcia show, and the people in front of us were smoking up a big fat joint. My brother and I, two legendary stoners, were right over their heads, so they generously offered to pass it up our way. But we were both clean and sober, so we politely declined. Oh, wait, that actually did happen...

• 1 month later...

First time seeing Floyd at Soldier Field in 94. They opened with Astronomy Domine. Much to the surprise of the audience, they had put the stadium on top of a giant axis and began spinning it around in a circle. Some people thought it was just an effect from the video, but I know better...

First time seeing Floyd at Soldier Field in 94. They opened with Astronomy Domine. Much to the surprise of the audience, they had put the stadium on top of a giant axis and began spinning it around in a circle. Some people thought it was just an effect from the video, but I know better...

That's good stuff!

The thing I'll always remember that never happened was when Chrissie Hynde gave me a backstage pass. We got to be alone for a few minutes, and she delivered one helluva spankin' to me while  she made me sing "private life drama, baby, leave me out" over and over. I wasn't allowed to sing the word "STOP".

What a woman.

have you listened to Marc Maron's podcast with her?  It's excellent.

I have not but I'm guessing I should!