• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victor Wooten

AC/DC

Bully

Girlpool

Stained Radiance

Excited. Shows can't come soon enough.

Jealous re: Bully. I really like their album and want to see them live. 

The Meat Puppets are playing this Saturday at the HVAC Club in Chicago. I, sadly, will not be attending due to a prior commitment.

No really, I just found out about it today. Not sure how I missed this news. One of the down falls of sobriety perhaps?

WILL be seeing The Giving Tree Band on Friday night though...........on their home turf in bucolic Yorkville IL. So there's that.

Saw them do a show of all Led Zeppelin tunes a little over a year ago and it was fantastic.

Dumpstaphunk?  I know Joe Russo does that with his Bustle in Your Hedgerow band with Benevento, et al.  They did a late night at Lockn' last year, was awesome.  We left at close to 3:00 a.m. and there were still 10,000 kids blazing to them.

Dumpstaphunk?  I know Joe Russo does that with his Bustle in Your Hedgerow band with Benevento, et al.  They did a late night at Lockn' last year, was awesome.  We left at close to 3:00 a.m. and there were still 10,000 kids blazing to them.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/121477/Audio-Dumpstaphunk-Led-Zeppelin-Set-In-Denver

Giving it the entire Dick's run treatment I see. Should be a blast. This was my summer without Phish as they bypassed Boston and New England.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. May  pass on Friday due to other obligation, though. The place is about 2  mikes from my house. I watched Merriweather  second night last night. Wow.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst possible situation:

I have tickets to see the Decemberists in NYC on the evening the Pope is celebrating mass at Madison Square Garden, and I am coming into the city from NJ.

I highly doubt I will be able to pull it off.

If I had known about the Pope in advance, I'd never have planned to go to this show, but the Decemberists tix went on sale ages ago.

Update on the GTB show tomorrow..........its starts at 11am, not 11:30 as previously reported. Sadly, I will not be in attendance as HR put the clampdown on my midday activities.

I might go in to catch Salad Boys at The Owl on Tuesday night.

Hell, I'll call in to work!

Here's the information. Any of you all want to meet me there?

https://www.facebook.com/events/829210937199456/839817912805425/

Stream their new album here to see what you think:

https://saladboys.bandcamp.com