Unreliable household items

Once again, our coffee maker is kaput. Its not like it was abused, dropped, overused or whatever. It made 7 cups of semi strong coffee once a day. Now it does nothing. I know I've complained about this before but we cant seem to find a decent coffee maker that lasts more than a year. The one that just broke? We splurged and bought a higher end Black & Decker about 8 months ago thinking that this model would be our ticket to coffee pot longevity. But no, this one didn't even last a year. What is a java junkie to do?

Once again, our coffee maker is kaput. Its not like it was abused, dropped, overused or whatever. It made 7 cups of semi strong coffee once a day. Now it does nothing. I know I've complained about this before but we cant seem to find a decent coffee maker that lasts more than a year. The one that just broke? We splurged and bought a higher end Black & Decker about 8 months ago thinking that this model would be our ticket to coffee pot longevity. But no, this one didn't even last a year. What is a java junkie to do?

With the summer months coming, go cold-brewed.  All you need is a jug/pitcher, a coffee filter, and a strainer.  Makes fantastic coffee.  

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30487-basic-cold-brewed-coffee

BTW any personal coffee maker does not get hot enough to make a a decent cup of coffee.  Either go french press, or cold-brewed.  

My electric kettle went out last year -- back to the kettle on gas stove.

My electric stove went out out last month -- $500 or so later - it's fixed.

NoJ can go my parents route -- kettle on gas stove and a cup with a scoop of instant.

My coffee want list includes a burr grinder, a good electric kettle, and an aeropress.

I feel like I should be getting some money from Aeropress as much as I've exuded my love for it on various social networks. Cheap, easy (for a cup at a time, I still use the autodrip for really quick or large amounts), environmentally friendly, and a DAMN good cup of coffee. Whether you're drinking home roasted or Folgers, it improves upon any other brewing method.

Or stop drinking coffee, take all of that $ that used to be spent on coffee makers, filters, cold presses, coffee grounds, and Starbuck's double mocha cappucinos and spend it on reasonably-priced Wilco tickets.

Sure, why not just give up beer too??

I just went and bought another $20 maker. This time I'm saving the receipt and box. When it breaks, I'm returning it.

You should photograph (better yet, place a 24 hr surveillance camera on it) all dealings with the coffee maker from Day 1 so that when you and your team of lawyers take Mr. Coffee to court you have solid proof.

It could be a badger or a skunk. It cant be a panda because pandas don't do squats. EVERYBODY knows that.