D-7

Christmas Songs that are not carols

Fairytale of New York - Pogues

Father Christmas - Kinks

Merry Christmas Baby - Otis Redding

White Christmas - Darlene Love

Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

WAIT!

Swapping out Petty's song for The Waitresses: Christmas Wrapping. 

Phew. That was close.

Christmas songs that are not carols

(No particular order)

Fairy Tale of New York - Pogues

Merry Christmas from the Family - Robert Earl Keen

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight) - The Ramones

Baby, It's Cold Outside - Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting

Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin

Christmas songs that are not carols

(No particular order)

Fairy Tale of New York - Pogues

Merry Christmas from the Family - Robert Earl Keen

Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight) - The Ramones

Baby, It's Cold Outside - Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting

Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin

Christmas songs that are creepy and rapey:

Baby It's Cold Outside

Christmas songs that are creepy and rapey:

Baby It's Cold Outside

Oh hell yes. That doesn't make it any less of an excellent song. No better version, either. All others pale in comparison to Johnny and Margaret.

edit The creepiest version is Willie Nelson and Norah Jones. My dad was 22 years older than my mom, but Willie trying to seduce Norah is a bridge 46 years too far. In second place is Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel, a mere 31 year age gap.

Oh hell yes. That doesn't make it any less of an excellent song. No better version, either. All others pale in comparison to Johnny and Margaret.

edit The creepiest version is Willie Nelson and Norah Jones. My dad was 22 years older than my mom, but Willie trying to seduce Norah is a bridge too far. In second place is Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel.

I'll check out the Mercer version. I think the only version I'm familiar with is the Dean Martin version.

I'll check out the Mercer version. I think the only version I'm familiar with is the Dean Martin version.

The Dean version, at least the one that i have, has female singers, plural. I never understood that. I guess that makes it ultra creepy or ultra bad ass, depending on your view of an older dude pressuring young women into a group situation.  :santa

digging your new avatar/photo.

On that note, I have been digging both of your new avatars, so I decided to have an avatar after all of these years. I used the instructions under "profile', but no success. I'm not tech-savvy. I am using a picture on my phone and accessing VC with my phone. After I try to upload, I get "The file selected is too large. Max 100kB." The instructions say, "Once uploaded you can adjust your cropped image", but how can I adjust it if I can't upload it? I don't mean to threadjack, but would appreciate any help. Please feel free to pm or direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks.

On that note, I have been digging both of your new avatars, so I decided to have an avatar after all of these years. I used the instructions under "profile', but no success. I'm not tech-savvy. I am using a picture on my phone and accessing VC with my phone. After I try to upload, I get "The file selected is too large. Max 100kB." The instructions say, "Once uploaded you can adjust your cropped image", but how can I adjust it if I can't upload it? I don't mean to threadjack, but would appreciate any help. Please feel free to pm or direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks.

huh, I just found mine online, and used the direct link to the photo.