Wilco - 5/1/15, St. Augustine (St. Augustine Amphitheater)

Via Chicago
Handshake Drugs
IATTBYH
One Wing
Hummingbird
Panthers
Pot Kettle Black
Cars Can't Escape
Secret of the Sea
Heavy Metal Drummer
ITMWLY
(Was I) in Your Dreams>
Jesus, etc.
Born Alone
Dark Neon
Impossible Germany
Poor Places >
Art of Almost
Airline to Heaven
Magazine Called Sunset
Box Full of Letters
Camera
Dawned on Me
Shot in the Arm

E1:

Monday
Hoodoo Voodoo

E2:
California Stars
We've Been Had
Give Back the Key to My Heart
Misunderstood

Cars Can't Escape was introduced as a song that gets the most request votes, but no one ever claps after it.

Jeff prefaced We've Been Had by saying the next two songs were played at the last show by the band he and John were in before Wilco. I knew there was something significant about the date, but couldn't figure out what, when the "you must be born before this date to drink" sign at the bar before the show said 5-1-1994.

First time hears for me were Panthers, Dark Neon, and alternate Camera. Secret of the Sea had been a long time coming since my last time, and was dedicated to Stetson Kennedy - his wife still runs a bookstore in town? Dark Neon was the "last Japanese b side of the night."

Box Full of Letters was going to be the only song from that album.

A great, fun night; perfect weather too for an outdoor show.

Great crowd response in the encores I might add. The usual mix of people standing vs sitting during the show, but most everyone was up for the encores.

I took my dad to his first Wilco show. He enjoyed it. He's been going to shows since Johnny Cash in the late 1950s.

Great set. Showed up at the venue at 6:45 and was able to walk right up to the stage. Band was in great form. Hoodoo was an absolute blast . Shot in the arm was extremely energetic. The acoustic set featuring two Tupelo songs was awesome.

Would have like to hear a little more GIB material, but was happy they played a lot of Yankee songs.

This was my 9th wilco concert since 2003, and the band has never seemed better

If someone had told me a few years back that I'd see Wilco play Panthers, Cars Can't Escape and Magazine at two different shows in one week, I'd have said, "Keep dreaming."

I requested Dark Neon, as I'd never caught it live, so that was a person highlight. The UT encore repeat was sublime.

And as we discussed, I was really hoping they would play We've Been Had again.

i'd like to hear a 2015 version of Gun with the band... not just solo. they could tear one apart with 2 or 3 guitars

That show was absolutely incendiary. Fantastic set list, great energy from the band, an enthusiastic audience. Jeff was all smiles the whole night! Highlights for me were Pot Kettle Black, Camera (I'm a convert), the ever-raucous Monday, Dark Neon (never heard before), and, of course, Hoodoo Voodoo. With cowbell.

Thank you, Wilco, for bringing the magic to F-L-A!!!

That show was absolutely incendiary. Fantastic set list, great energy from the band, an enthusiastic audience. Jeff was all smiles the whole night! Highlights for me were Pot Kettle Black, Camera (I'm a convert), the ever-raucous Monday, Dark Neon (never heard before), and, of course, Hoodoo Voodoo. With cowbell.

Do you mean you are a convert from Kamera to Camera? Or just the song in general? I think I prefer Camera to Kamera (unreleased version to released version, in case it wasn't clear.)

Though to an extent they are different songs so I appreciate them both. Definitely love Camera at live shows. Dark Neon was the only song I didn't know, I was in shock because this doesn't usually happen at Wilco shows, luckily Mr. Heartbreak was there so I could ask him.

And "Monday" has been great these past FL shows. The band is really in top form, should be a great summer tour.

If someone had told me a few years back that I'd see Wilco play Panthers, Cars Can't Escape and Magazine at two different shows in one week, I'd have said, "Keep dreaming."

I requested Dark Neon, as I'd never caught it live, so that was a person highlight. The UT encore repeat was sublime.

I freakishly catch Magazine a lot. Twice in one week? I've decided to like it. Now maybe it will go away (JK). I've seen in 03, 04, 11, 12 and now 15. Probably see it at Solid Sound too. 

Same! Also never tire of Poor Places and Art. Great sound, beautiful night. I met some really nice people. The sound in Orlando was sort of crappy. It's really just a concrete box. It's a lot like Hunter Theatre at MassMoca. When I saw Wilco there (benefit show) the sound was not great either. However, when I saw Infamous Stringdusters @ Fresh Grass, sound was fantastic in Hunter. 

i'd like to hear a 2015 version of Gun with the band... not just solo. they could tear one apart with 2 or 3 guitars

That would be interesting. Coincidentally I am listening to that right now from the final UT show (the one Jeff mentioned at the show) - has Wilco ever done it? I know way back in the early days they would have Jeff do a solo set during some shows and play UT stuff, but I don't know if the band ever did Gun.

Yeah, I meant the deep sludgy version (Camera) has won me over. I only first heard it at the Orlando show, and I missed the acoustic guitar of the kinder, gentler version (Kamera). But on second hearing, and in a live setting, I liked it a whole lot.

Deep and Sludgy (perfect description). It sounded better the second time around, I liked it too but it made me miss Kamera.

I freakishly catch Magazine a lot. Twice in one week? I've decided to like it. Now maybe it will go away (JK). I've seen in 03, 04, 11, 12 and now 15. Probably see it at Solid Sound too. 

Yeah, I think it may be my favorite Wilco song, but so hard to choose just one. They definitely slightly increased the frequency of it this tour for the Alpha Mike Foxtrot boxset, but was neat to have that and Cars Can't Escape. Again, that's the type of songs you would have only heard at Solid Sound (at least during the same show) as I remember during 2010.

I really can't remember if I knew Magazine befroe Solid Sound 2010, but I vaguely recall being excited when they started playing it. It's in i am trying to break your heart, so I think I knew it from there.

Oh yeah. Forgot about it at Solid Sound 2010, saw that one too.

Have to say the encore version of "Misunderstood" is probably one of my favorite parts of the current live show. Especially when the whole crowd sings along, didn't happen as much in St. Augustine, but was still excellent to hear. I was disappointed when it wasn't played at the Sunfest show.

But I think that's going to be the standard final song for the full 30 song setlists this summer, Jeff has it down to a science now, when he gets the final "Nothing at all" out and waves goodbye.

Have to say the encore version of "Misunderstood" is probably one of my favorite parts of the current live show. Especially when the whole crowd sings along, didn't happen as much in St. Augustine, but was still excellent to hear. I was disappointed when it wasn't played at the Sunfest show.

But I think that's going to be the standard final song for the full 30 song setlists this summer, Jeff has it down to a science now, when he gets the final "Nothing at all" out and waves goodbye.

I thought people were rowdy at both shows. In St. Augustine crowd didn't really understand that he was asking them to quietly fade out and end the song that way. I loved the acoustic version as well but I'm a sucker for that song.

I thought people were rowdy at both shows. In St. Augustine crowd didn't really understand that he was asking them to quietly fade out and end the song that way. I loved the acoustic version as well but I'm a sucker for that song.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, terrific crowd in St. Augustine. But you are exactly right, there was just a miscue on the final bit of Misunderstood.