Idea for a really great tour

I've got an idea for an excellent tour next summmer. It would be an all day/night affair with everyone doing nice, long sets. Working title "Excellent Songs With Guitar". Here's my proposed lineup.:
1. Neil Young with Promise Of The Real
2. Wilco
3. Drive-By Truckers
4. My Morning Jacket

What do you think? :)

Another idea: Wilco plays headlining shows with a great opening act like William Tyler in mid size theaters and clubs saving me from sitting through a washed up Neil Young or an overrated MMJ and saving me $$. 

Another idea: Wilco plays headlining shows with a great opening act like William Tyler in mid size theaters and clubs saving me from sitting through a washed up Neil Young or an overrated MMJ and saving me $$.

Haha. You sound a little cranky, nalafej, but I have to say I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I've got an idea for an excellent tour next summmer. It would be an all day/night affair with everyone doing nice, long sets. Working title "Excellent Songs With Guitar". Here's my proposed lineup.:

2. Wilco

3. Drive-By Truckers

4. My Morning Jacket

Love it can you get Appel to talk yo an upstate farmer in NY?

Seriously Nice idea!

Really would be something to see all of them, hell you could add Willie too!

I agree half heartedly. I don't need to sit through a washed up Neil Young. But I've seen MMJ and I attest that they are not overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Neil with POTR recently in Seattle. Have several show downloads from the west coast tour. This band is seriously mighty. Neil was busting out songs he hadn't played in 40 years ("Vampire Blues", "Time Fades Away" to name a few). It was as good as the Wilco show I saw 2 months earlier. I'm listening to the show I went to now. An unbelievable 27 minute "Down by the River". Setlists were changing nightly. Promise of the Real seem to have reenergized Neil & got him a little out of his comfort zone. The were doing 2.5 to 3 hour shows. The encore in Seattle was "Cinnamon Girl" followed by "F'n Up". What more could you ask for? Also got "Walk On" "& Everybody Knows This is Nowhere". This was the best non Crazy Horse Neil show I've seen. Promise of the Real are really, really good. Pretty sure Jeff would be down with this concept! :guitar

Tonight I happen to be listening to Neil's show from Santa Barbara, CA - October 10, 2015 - it does sound pretty good - great tape. I can't say he washed up from a live/concert stand point.

Still can't into MMJ, though - after a few attempts.

Tonight I happen to be listening to Neil's show from Santa Barbara, CA - October 10, 2015 - it does sound pretty good - great tape. I can't say he washed up from a live/concert stand point.

Still can't into MMJ, though - after a few attempts.

Check out the live dvd "Okonokos". Think the guitar player would impress you maybe. For me MMJ are way more a live thing than studio. I thought the songs from Neil's new album were much better live, too. I've got the Santa Barbara show & thought the tape was real good. The one from the LA Forum is excellent & Eugene, OR looks promising. Neil brings out the Hateful Fred fans & with them their excellent concert taping gear. I wish more bands would take a cue from the Roadcase concept. I  bought the Redmond, WA show & was real pleased about how it sounded.

I've seen God ole Neil since early. 90s most recently last Summer's tour He is definitely not washed up or mailing it in.

Regarding the money as hell if you look hard enough you can get in for 75 bucks and score a decent seat.

Concert prices of some newer bands are going nuts Muse just announced a '16 date at Boston Garden and the floor was 210.00 including fees per tkt No Thanks

I've seen God ole Neil since early. 90s most recently last Summer's tour He is definitely not washed up or mailing it in.

I saw Muse last tour & they were pretty good but not $200 worth of good. I paid $85 for the Neil show I saw this month for a pretty good seat. The floor tickets were $150 & would've been worth it but I can't stand for a whole show anymore because of some disabiltiy issues. It , was a small venue, maybe capacity of about 3,000. & with a 3 hour set, we definitly got bang for our buck. I mean Neil is turning 70 next month & he was way more lively than he has been in recent years. Keeping up fine with the 25 year olds in the band. He was actually talking & joking with the crowd. This tour I'm fantasizing about, I'm thinking nice outdoor shows, like @ the Gorge here in Washington. It's just a nice dream. I love Wilco & I see a lot of Neil influence in Jeff. They both have a sort of surrealistic quality in  a lot of their lyrics. I was lucky to see Wilco perform "Broken Arrow" a few years ago & it was awesome. That show is on the free listening Roadcase on Wilcoworld. Regarding Neil being greedy, don't  think that's the case. He gives a lot of time & $ to charity. He contributed $100,000 to a native people's cause at the show in Vancouver this tour. The other thing is a lot of these guys that have been around a real long time take care of their crew who have been through the wars with them. Hopefully Wilco will be around in another 20 years but I'd be willing to guess that the same thing will be the case with them at that point to a degree. I've got no problem with that if the bands are not just going through the motions. As long as they aren't doing the separate limos trip, its all good, haha.

As long as we're throwing out "Dream Tour Ideas", here's my choice. 

4 consecutive "Evening With" shows (with no repeats over the 4 days), @the Capitol Theater for the Northeast heads. Atlanta for the Southeasterners. Dallas for the lower center of the country. Greater Los Angeles for the Southwest and Seattle for the northwest. Then 5 nights in Chicago to wrap it up.

One 200 dollar ticket gets you into all the shows in your city. 

As long as we're throwing out "Dream Tour Ideas", here's my choice. 

4 consecutive "Evening With" shows (with no repeats over the 4 days), @the Capitol Theater for the Northeast heads. Atlanta for the Southeasterners. Dallas for the lower center of the country. Greater Los Angeles for the Southwest and Seattle for the northwest. Then 5 nights in Chicago to wrap it up.

One 200 dollar ticket gets you into all the shows in your city. 

I like this idea plenty, too! :rock

2. Wilco

3. Drive-By Truckers

4. My Morning Jacket

I would like to add Spoon to this list.