Jeff Tweedy Writing Memoir!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Boston includes meet & greet? Seems like it doesn’t, but it’s not really clear about what the difference between VIP and regular tickets is.

For Brooklyn vip is extra $10 includes front seats that’s the only difference still everyone gets a signed book!

I just got 3rd row in Boston for $58. Wilbur Theater says that ticket prices go up to $72. I didn't see any $72 seats listed, however the whole middle section was sold out (or unavailable to choose from) with what looks like tables. Small venue that I've only been in once to see Craig Ferguson that was a taping for a DVD comedy special.

There is going to be a Meet & Greet post show with the opportunity to personalize books. No photos or memorabilia.

I just got 3rd row in Boston for $58. Wilbur Theater says that ticket prices go up to $72. I didn't see any $72 seats listed, however the whole middle section was sold out (or unavailable to choose from) with what looks like tables. Small venue that I've only been in once to see Craig Ferguson that was a taping for a DVD comedy special.

There is going to be a Meet & Greet post show with the opportunity to personalize books. No photos or memorabilia.

i can't seem to get tickets without a presale code... help a fellow VCers?

You're welcome! Let us know what you get!

It looks like every seat is associated with the post show Meet & Greet.

I don't believe that that's true. I bought a pair of balcony tix before lucking into a pair of VIP tix, and the balcony make no mention of a meet & greet. The VIP tickets, on the other hand, do.

I don't believe that that's true. I bought a pair of balcony tix before lucking into a pair of VIP tix, and the balcony make no mention of a meet & greet. The VIP tickets, on the other hand, do.

Where are your VIP tickets? I'm in Sec C Row 3 Seat 2. I'm in the corner near the front. Were they $72?

I selected VIP on the 1st TM screen and then it showed me a long list of tickets available with special code Boston.

Where are your VIP tickets? I'm in Sec C Row 3 Seat 2. I'm in the corner near the front. Were they $72?

I selected VIP on the 1st TM screen and then it showed me a long list of tickets available with special code Boston.

Section B Row 11. $173 for the pair after fees.  :uhoh

Section B Row 11. $173 for the pair after fees. :uhoh

That would suck to be closer to the stage than you & not get VIP. Lol. I'll look again on TM.

All remaining seats say "Special Offers" and not one says anything about VIP. I took "Special Offers" to mean VIP because what else is there?

It looks like you're sitting in the section with the tables and your Row 11 in Section B is the same as my Sec C Row 3. I can make a straight line from my seat to yours.

I'm looking forward to finding out who the moderators are. Do people have hopes there?

In Chicago: Greg Kot, Spencer Tweedy, Jessica Hopper, ??

Not in the same ballpark, but similar in the moderation sense: I went to a John Cusack Q & A this past June and they had the Boston Globe movie critic moderate it. That wasn't announced until a few days before the actual event.

A little bit of silver lining that might not happen for Jeff Tweedy: Photo Op Upgrades were made available at the John Cusack Q & A. This wasn't mentioned at all on TM & was a surprise.

I'm looking forward to finding out who the moderators are. Do people have hopes there?

In Chicago: Greg Kot, Spencer Tweedy, Jessica Hopper, ??

I have not been asked. Sorry to disappoint. B)

Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see who they get to moderate these. I hope folks will report back each night, since, sadly, I won’t be able to make it to any of these (will be out of the country that week).

Also, I know Eric Spitznagel was involved as a co-writer (or ghost writer) at some point — Jeff wrote the foreword for his book Old Records Never Die a few years ago — but I’m not sure if that lasted through the whole process. Wondering if he might be in the moderating mix, or maybe he’s too close to the thing.

I have not been asked. Sorry to disappoint. B)

Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see who they get to moderate these. I hope folks will report back each night, since, sadly, I won’t be able to make it to any of these (will be out of the country that week).

Also, I know Eric Spitznagel was involved as a co-writer (or ghost writer) at some point — Jeff wrote the foreword for his book Old Records Never Die a few years ago — but I’m not sure if that lasted through the whole process. Wondering if he might be in the moderating mix, or maybe he’s too close to the thing.

I will report back from Chicago for sure. Interesting that the event has not sold out. Feels like $30 for a signed book, to hear the conversation and take in a few songs at Music Box is a great deal/worthwhile...

Just occurred to me that George Saunders would be an amazing candidate for this. 

One of the moderators announced that he just found out that he would be moderating the St. Louis event: Mike Schrand of St. Louis Public Radio. It was in the comments of yesterday's Wilco FB announcement. I can't find that comment thread today. Edit: I just found the comment over on the Wilco FB group.