Jeff Tweedy Writing Memoir!

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Especially since I've never met him and would love the opportunity to do so.

Did attend a few different book tours and they’re some of my favorite memories! Best of course being Bruce Springsteen’s book launch got a signed book, pictures with him and spoke to him for about 30 seconds lol!
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did attend a few different book tours and they’re some of my favorite memories! Best of course being Bruce Springsteen’s book launch got a signed book, pictures with him and spoke to him for about 30 seconds lol!

I did that one too - only I got maybe 15 seconds with him.  It was a weird event ...

I did that one too - only I got maybe 15 seconds with him.  It was a weird event ...

I agree it was weird. I think I was lucky because this was his first event. I think it really overwhelmed him. I would be overwhelmed meeting 1000+ fans per event. I listened to the people before me and after me talk to him and people are strange lol. Some other interesting ones I attended was Brian Johnston he was so friendly, Paul Simon, Scott Wieland, Weird Al. Anyway I enjoy these because they're unusual one off type events.

Re book signings--if you ever get a chance to see David Sedaris doing a reading, go! And be sure to hang around afterwards for the signing. He's known for taking a nice leisurely time with each and every person in line, even if it takes hours. He's so unusual! Seems to be genuinely interested in every person he talks to. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There should be a contest where Jeff Tweedy comes to your house and reads the book to you while try to sleep.

Or Jeff will read to Stephen Colbert much like he sang him a lullaby a few years ago.

I'll be buying the audio version.

I noticed there are signed copies for preorder on barnes and noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lets-go-jeff-tweedy/1129080912?ean=9781524744359#/ 

I've preordered mine!

Damnit  :(

We are no longer supporting accounts for EU residents. Going forward, countries in the European Union (EU) will no longer be available to select in the billing or shipping address when placing orders on BN.com. 

I noticed there are signed copies for preorder on barnes and noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lets-go-jeff-tweedy/1129080912?ean=9781524744359#/ 

I've preordered mine!

Also, Amazon lists Jeff as the narrator of the audiobook as well, which is awesome. 

Ordered! Thanks for the heads-up!

• 3 weeks later...

Brooklyn, NY - Murmrr Theatre w/ Community Bookstore

Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre with Brookline Bookstore

Presale Wed., Oct. 3 at Noon ET. CODE: BOSTON

Philadelphia, PA - Free Library of Philadelphia

Cincinnati, OH - Walnut Hills High School with Joseph-Beth Booksellers

St. Louis, MO - St. Louis University High School with Left Bank Books

Chicago, IL - Music Box Theatre w/ The Book Cellar