Wilco - June 9 2017 - Wolf Trap Vienna Virginia

Someone else will have to provide set list, but I just want to say this was one of the best Wilco shows I've seen in 20+ years. If tonight is any indication, we are in for a treat at Solid Sound.

Not a lot of banter, but about eight songs in, Jeff remarked that, "This concludes the finding-your-seat portion of the show." 

And the braids are back!

From setlist.fm:

On and On and On
Normal American Kids
If I Ever Was a Child
Cry All Day
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
Art of Almost
Pickled Ginger
Misunderstood
Someone to Lose
Pot Kettle Black
Via Chicago
Impossible Germany
Jesus, Etc.
Box Full of Letters
Theologians
I'm Always in Love
Heavy Metal Drummer
I'm the Man Who Loves You
Hummingbird
The Late Greats

Encore:
Ashes of American Flags
Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Encore 2:
California Stars

Monday
Outtasite (Outta Mind)

They all sounded great last night. That seemed to be a very different arrangement of I'm Always in Love,especially at the beginning. And then to come back and just crush it with Monday > Outtasite. Wow!

There was a bit of a standing/sitting dilemma for almost the whole first half of the show, but the majority of the crowd finally got to their feet and stayed there after Impossible Germany. I feel like the boys gave it a little extra oomph last night to get those sitters off their asses and into the show!

Agreed with all of the above sentiment.

Show smoke from IATTBYH onward.

Most ferocious Wilco show I've seen in years.

A little surprised they only played one song off of Star Wars, but I can't complain about what they played instead.

I was near the front of the seated area. I don't understand so many late arrivers getting to their seats 4-5 songs into the set... Ended up standing for about half the show as well. I usually prefer to stand, but don't really do so until the folks in front of me do so...

All in all, wonderful night, great weather. Also, great show poster...

Big thanks to Alex Leary for the killer recording, posted before I even made it home!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=593545

Are they rocking "Misunderstood"? or is it still acoustic?

Going to the Louisville show and hoping they kill it like the show opener I feel that it was written to be!

Missed last years shows ( too much work) but really excited about the setlists so far this time out.

Are they rocking "Misunderstood"? or is it still acoustic?

Going to the Louisville show and hoping they kill it like the show opener I feel that it was written to be!

Missed last years shows ( too much work) but really excited about the setlists so far this time out.

Still Hootenanny style...

That run from Box Full of Letters through the end of the set is just a great sequence of tunes, hitting all the "3 B's" of major influence on Wilco: The Beatles, Big Star and The Band. And then to come back with Ashes, Spiders, Cali Stars, Monday and Outtasite? Strong back end.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a smoking show, with a pretty lame crowd down front that finally got on its feet a little after midway through the main set. It was my first Wilco show in five years, and only my second show of any kind since the birth of my son nearly three years ago (the other being His Bobness of Dylan). Was great to get out and let loose a little, and the band really brought it. It turned into kind of a rocking greatest hits show, which was fine with me, having not followed them for so long. Though I'd preferred a little more Star Wars and Schmilco material, having missed those tours entirely.