Auction: Jeff Tweedy Living Room Concert (Bidding Ends 12/14)

"Funds from this experience will benefit families from Onward Neighborhood House, a Chicago-based nonprofit organization dedicated to improving lives and uplifting communities through educational, economic, and support services."

"Welcome guitarist Jeff Tweedy, lead singer for Grammy-winning indie rock heroes Wilco, for an unforgettable private concert at your home for 30 people."

https://www.ifonly.com/music/product/129702/jeff-tweedy-private-concert-invite-the-wilco-singer-to-your-home-for-an-intimate-performance

After 25 years making music, Jeff Tweedy and Wilco have run the gamut of indie rock. You’re invited to experience Jeff’s incredible catalog up close and personal when you invite the singer to your home for a once-in-a-lifetime private acoustic concert. Hear 30 songs for 30 of your guests—choose Jeff’s setlist, including your favorite recordings from classic Wilco albums like “A.M.” and “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot” in this one-of-a-kind performance. This is a rare chance to have one of contemporary Americana’s greatest songwriters play a raw, stripped-down set just for you and your friends.

I think about using a portion of my retirement savings when I retire in 3 1/2 years to fund a Living Room Show Retirement Party, but that would be irresponsible.

Been to three living room shows, played with Jeff all three times. Three of the most memorable nights of my life.

1923152_102920913051655_3479797_n_zpswoi

chisoxjtrain wins the internet this week.

Been to three living room shows, played with Jeff all three times. Three of the most memorable nights of my life.

1923152_102920913051655_3479797_n_zpswoi

so how does one get in on a LRS group, because damn I need to... the problem is not having enough money. I dont know how people can afford it. we save yearly just to get to a couple shows a tour. 

so how does one get in on a LRS group, because damn I need to... the problem is not having enough money. I dont know how people can afford it. we save yearly just to get to a couple shows a tour.

I was extremely lucky to be in a class at the Old Town School of Folk Music called the Wilco Ensemble. One of the members bid and won for several years. The people that were invited pitched in for the cost of it. When Jeff found out that the people who were coming played his songs in the Wilco ensemble, he offered to play with us instead of just for us. We made groups and picked 3 songs per group, sent him the list and he played them with us.