Jeff Tweedy at Boston Newbury Comics-Saturday

Just got the weekly Newbury Comics new releases email. Lo and behold, Boston Mayor Walsh declared Saturday Newbury Comics Day in Boston, and to celebrate Jeff Tweedy will be doing an in-store performance at 12:15 at the Newbury Street store.  

Any word on wristbands, or is it first-come? 

Just called the store. No wristbands in advance. They open at 10 am on Saturday and it will be first come first served. About 100 folks will get in. 

Would love to attend, but to get in line at what... 8:30 only to wait in store until 12:15 is a bit of a time-suck. 

Just called the store. No wristbands in advance. They open at 10 am on Saturday and it will be first come first served. About 100 folks will get in. 

Sorry to flood this thread, but their Twitter account has an image advertising the show and it says wristbands at 10.

BExIOqx.jpg

bummed to miss this, but i’ll be at my son’s tenth birthday party. silver lining is that i’ll be taking him to the show tomorrow night- amazingly, our first father-son show together as he enters his second decade (though he’s no newbie- that’s him in my avatar pick at his first wilco show when he was 12 weeks old. first show together without mom and/or sis, though).

fingers firmly crossed for gun- we’ve been stuffing the ballot box hard...

All in all lots of fun but too short.  Jeff tripped getting on the stage but recovered and joked about it.  Some of the same banter that I've read about: Open kimono, lyrics to Guaranteed, etc. 

Set list was:

Some Birds

Guaranteed 

Family Ghost

Hummingbird

Don’t Forget

Highlight for me was Hummingbird.  There were two young girls right up front and he looked down and asked what they wanted to hear. Someone in the back (who may not have known the two girls were up front) shouted Radio King. Jeff scowled at him and said he was taking a request from the young people up front.

All in all lots of fun but too short. Jeff tripped getting on the stage but recovered and joked about it. Some of the same banter that I've read about: Open kimono, lyrics to Guaranteed, etc.

Set list was:

Some Birds

Guaranteed

Family Ghost

Hummingbird

Don’t Forget

Highlight for me was Hummingbird. There were two young girls right up front and he looked down and asked what they wanted to hear. Someone in the back (who may not have known the two girls were up front) shouted Radio King. Jeff scowled at him and said he was taking a request from the young people up front.

Those were my daughters. Jeff was really sweet with them, smiling and making a lot of eye contact during his short set. It was a really special experience for them (and me).

Those were my daughters. Jeff was really sweet with them, smiling and making a lot of eye contact during his short set. It was a really special experience for them (and me).

That's awesome.  I was about three people over to your right.  Jeff clearly enjoyed having them right up front.  

That's awesome. I was about three people over to your right. Jeff clearly enjoyed having them right up front.

You must’ve been standing next to my friend Knotgreen. Wish I’d known there were other VCers there. Always nice to put faces to screen names.

You must’ve been standing next to my friend Knotgreen. Wish I’d known there were other VCers there. Always nice to put faces to screen names.

Was he the very first person in line and works at Harvard? If so, we actually did speak (I was right behind him) but didn't make the VC connection ...

Was he the very first person in line and works at Harvard? If so, we actually did speak (I was right behind him) but didn't make the VC connection ...

That’s me! Chatted about new Engineering building? Nice meeting you!