Shows with the best stage banter

Roadcases 24-27, Jeff solo at Largo in December 2013. Jeff's under the weather and does about as much chatting as he does playing.

Thank you!!! Added to cart and will download when I get home. Happy to have something to look forward to on this never ending rainy Monday-after-Thanksgiving catastrophe of a workday ☺️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byM9kLe-IHU

It is my trumpet blow but also much proof of the ABBA love! It is from December 2013 showings but not in recordings. Mr Jeff Tweedy did not make contribution charity payment to Harpoon Research Centre as way of cover copyright substitute and it broke negotiations. I am still open to this offer!

Welfare!

It is my trumpet blow but also much proof of the ABBA love! It is from December 2013 showings but not in recordings. Mr Jeff Tweedy did not make contribution charity payment to Harpoon Research Centre as way of cover copyright substitute and it broke negotiations. I am still open to this offer!

Welfare!

Literally speechless. You, Lotti, are a legend.

Jeff solo tour winter 2001... At Irving Plaza Jeff mentioned that someone in the audience sent him a book that their publishing company put out about Bob Dylan, that claimed Dylan was the first musician to blow in and out of a harmonica. Jeff then said he was the first person to strum his guitar strings up and down, back when he was "inventing alternative country." That was also the tour where Jeff told the story every night how, as a kid, he and his friend would say things were "cock", so he changed the names of his songs to "____ cock." People started shouting out "Box Full of Cock" "What's the Cock Got In Store?", etc., until somebody with a good loud voice won the room with "Out of Cock, Out of Mind." Jeff then proceeded to play "Hesitating Cock." He also riffed on the Grateful Dead on that tour, for some reason, to the point that one night he sung a parody version of Ripple.

Jeff solo tour winter 2001... At Irving Plaza Jeff mentioned that someone in the audience sent him a book that their publishing company put out about Bob Dylan, that claimed Dylan was the first musician to blow in and out of a harmonica. Jeff then said he was the first person to strum his guitar strings up and down, back when he was "inventing alternative country." That was also the tour where Jeff told the story every night how, as a kid, he and his friend would say things were "cock", so he changed the names of his songs to "____ cock." People started shouting out "Box Full of Cock" "What's the Cock Got In Store?", etc., until somebody with a good loud voice won the room with "Out of Cock, Out of Mind." Jeff then proceeded to play "Hesitating Cock." He also riffed on the Grateful Dead on that tour, for some reason, to the point that one night he sung a parody version of Ripple.

Yes!!! These are all awesome! Thank you! Keep them coming!

Roadcases 24-27, Jeff solo at Largo in December 2013. Jeff's under the weather and does about as much chatting as he does playing. 

Kidsmoke sent my wife  a copy of 12/19 when she got out of hospital last year. I sometimes think the guy could have made a decent living as a comedian if he wouldn't have picked up music. That is a REALLY funny banter-related show.

There was a solo show where JT introduced a game where you had to name a band and then imagine the kind of bowel movement from which the name arose. He offered up 'Led Zeppelin' as an easy starter. 'Hall & Oates', 'String Cheese Incident', 'Muddy Waters' were others amongst many mentioned that I can't remember.

If I were there I would have gone with 'Blood Sweat & Tears'.

Haha. I heard that one but can’t remember which show that was!

I listened to Roadcase 24 last night. So good. Listening to 25 tonight.

Mountain Bed - which show are you referring to exactly? Definitely want to listen ASAP!

12/19/13. Enjoy!

I'm partial to the 3/26/98 Lounge Ax show. That tape was really my full-on introduction to Tweedy & Wilco.

"Hey, shut up. Lotta people talking back there. I know I'm playing a bunch of quiet songs--but they're really pretty. You're missing out on a very dynamic performance." :lol

I'm partial to the 3/26/98 Lounge Ax show. That tape was really my full-on introduction to Tweedy & Wilco.

"Hey, shut up. Lotta people talking back there. I know I'm playing a bunch of quiet songs--but they're really pretty. You're missing out on a very dynamic performance." :lol

Thank you! I found the 3/25/98 show, but I can’t find the 3/26/98 show. Do you know if it’s posted somewhere?

Thank you! I found the 3/25/98 show, but I can’t find the 3/26/98 show. Do you know if it’s posted somewhere?

It's up at The Wilco Live Show Archive. I got it from the Postcard FTP site many years ago.