Name A Good Obscure Song by 3 Known Artists

Mrs. Dubose - Drive-By Truckers

Liza Radley - The Jam

Knock, Knock, Knock - Superchunk

Honorable Mention- Reincarnation - Jeff Tweedy  :D

You’re right! I have it on a Stones compilation, so of course they didn’t attribute it to Mick alone.

Ya learn something new every day.

You should watch _Performance_ if you haven't seen it. Great movie. Keef got pissed at Mick for the nude scenes he did w/ Anita, who was Keef's squeeze at the time. Nicolas Roeg is a great director. 

Neil Young:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-B_r_0VVU[/media]

Mogwai (i guess it's debatable about how well known they are, but this song is one of their best and has only appeared on a record label compilation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxkj613b1U0

Radiohead (they have tons of great b-sides)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFMuzF6jRI

This might sound stupid but I think that’s my favorite Who song.

I am glad someone else has it as their favorite. I always played it when I was a kid. Never thought I would hear it Live...until the went out and toured Quad again. Since then, I have heard it a few more times and always sang as if I were back as In my teen years: “Why do I have to move with a crowd of kids who hardly notice I am around. I work myself to death, just to fit in.” Great lyric, Pete.

I am glad someone else has it as their favorite. I always played it when I was a kid. Never thought I would hear it Live...until the went out and toured Quad again. Since then, I have heard it a few more times and always sang as if I were back as In my teen years: “Why do I have to move with a crowd of kids who hardly notice I am around. I work myself to death, just to fit in.” Great lyric, Pete.

The whole album is one great lyric!!

"You Tell Me" - Tom Petty

"Lord Grenville" - Al Stewart

"Silly Things" - Soul Asylum

(I mostly started a new topic to make a reference to Soul Asylum's new record, which is pretty dang enjoyable.)

Right on! Are you watching  the Friday night Quarantine Sessions? Dave and Ryan are playing all the obscure songs.

Right on! Are you watching  the Friday night Quarantine Sessions? Dave and Ryan are playing all the obscure songs.

Yeah, I found those on Youtube. Good stuff....and reminds me that "Sun Maid" is another great obscure song. And that "Close" is a really wonderful song.

Yeah, I found those on Youtube. Good stuff....and reminds me that "Sun Maid" is another great obscure song. And that "Close" is a really wonderful song.

:thumbup

Candy From a Stranger gets sort of a bad rap, but there are great songs on that record indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Smog Moon" - Matthew Sweet

"Breathe Some New Life" - Paul Westerberg

"Dinosaurs On The Mountain" - Flaming Lips *

* The Lips have 3 songs out now from their upcoming new album. They all have a Soft Bulletin-ish sound. Sounds promising.