Wilco covers The Beatles

Dig A Pony and Don't Let Me Down now on Amazon Music. (I assume these are new - Wilco sent out an email today)

Maybe a new cover at the Orpheum tonight? 

Unfortunately, after Wilco Saturday, Phish Sunday, and Wilco Monday, I'm taking tonight off (all three shows originally scheduled for 2019). 

• Like 1

Pretty solid, which is not surprising. Stripped down Beatles performances is pretty well within Wilco's wheelhouse.

I thought the overall energy of "Dig a Pony" was fantastic. A faithful rendition, but still could feel Jeff and the gang in the Loft vibes.

"Don't Let Me Down" I liked a little less. Like a B instead of an A. I think I'm so attached to Lennon's ragged performance that Jeff's lighter touch seemed to take some of the urgency out of it. The lap steel was a nice touch.

21 hours ago, gepman said:

I have Amazon Prime, but not Music...

I didn't even see a way to pay to download them...

Am I missing something?

I only have Prime but it still let me stream the songs, not sure if downloading is an option though.

I was definitely able to purchase both songs from Amazon. The problem is I can't remember precisely what I did in the middle step, but basically, here's how I did it: I signed up for the Amazon Music service, then selected each of the songs and added them to a list or liked them or something like that--that's the part I can't remember. Then when I went to my playlist with just those two songs and played them, there was a little three-dot button thingy next to each song. When that three-dot button was selected, it gave me the option to purchase each one. Once that was done and the songs had downloaded to my computer, I cancelled the service. The songs are still on my computer and on my phone and playable. Again, I can't remember exactly what to do, but now that I've cancelled the service, I can't retrace my steps. I did all of the above on the first day the songs were released, so I'm not sure if this is all still possible but I don't see why it would have changed. My advice would be sign up, play around with each song and maybe what to do will become clear. Sorry I can't be more help, but mostly I just wanted to let you all know that you can definitely purchase these if you dig around enough.

I was able to download the songs, but it was a bit overly complicated. I could purchase the songs here     

and here and even though there was immediately an option to download purchased music it didn't work. I went to my digital orders page on amazon and there was an option to download and that worked.

• Like 1