18 Years on Via Chicago

Looking at my profile just now, it seems I joined this fine community on June 27, 2005. This is interesting because that was my 18th birthday. Apparently I had nothing better to do that day than join an internet message board for a band I had discovered earlier that year! But then I realized... that date is just over 18 years ago now. Which means I've been on Via Chicago for over half my life!! That's pretty crazy.

In those 18 years I've made over 3000 posts, most of them bad, but hopefully a few good ones too. I was probably pretty obnoxious in the early days.... sorry about that. Most importantly though, and the reason I am making this post in the first place, I discovered a lot of music from this place, thanks to all of you good people. I honestly don't know if I'd listen to the music that I do today if it wasn't for Via Chicago, so thanks folks.

This place is a bit quieter these days, yeah. But it's also a lot more friendly and welcoming than in 2005 - 2009. I think we've all mellowed, I guess that's what happens after half your lifetime. Here's to another 18 years! :canada

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Funny how time slips away. 18 years here as well. I don’t visit too much but it’s so cool to see some familiar folks still participating and that makes me feel good. I wanted to drop a few lines to agree with you, TCP. This site has blessed me in so many ways. From new music to old music, tablature to file sharing, disagreements to agreements and everything in between. I wonder if some of the newer cats know how crazy this place used to get. Hahaha When I take in how the world seems to be operating these days it’s nice to visit a familiar place like this and reassure myself that what I see on tv and internet media is not a real reflection of our  world. Kidsmoke, Beltmann, Analogman, tongue-tied lightning very cool to see you all here. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Tweedling said:

Funny how time slips away. 18 years here as well. I don’t visit too much but it’s so cool to see some familiar folks still participating and that makes me feel good. I wanted to drop a few lines to agree with you, TCP. This site has blessed me in so many ways. From new music to old music, tablature to file sharing, disagreements to agreements and everything in between. I wonder if some of the newer cats know how crazy this place used to get. Hahaha When I take in how the world seems to be operating these days it’s nice to visit a familiar place like this and reassure myself that what I see on tv and internet media is not a real reflection of our  world. Kidsmoke, Beltmann, Analogman, tongue-tied lightning very cool to see you all here. 

Great to see you as well, Tweedling! :wub

On 12/16/2023 at 9:25 PM, Tweedling said:

Kidsmoke, Beltmann, Analogman, tongue-tied lightning very cool to see you all here. 

Same to you, Tweedling! Wonderful to see you popping in.

• Like 1