Tweedy's Tunings

I think I remember reading somewhere that the DADAAD tuning is for Can't Stand It.

I'm pretty sure that was the DADF#AD tuning - cos in the interview just recently posted here JT talks about that "Carpenter's feel" on CSI.

I think the C-tuning I've mentioned is for Poor Places...still can't work out how J is playing it, or what the tuning is EXACTLY, but I'm getting there :)

Ta.

I'm pretty sure that was the DADF#AD tuning - cos in the interview just recently posted here JT talks about that "Carpenter's feel" on CSI.

I think the C-tuning I've mentioned is for Poor Places...still can't work out how J is playing it, or what the tuning is EXACTLY, but I'm getting there :)

Ta.

sorry for falling asleep on this one.

He uses DADAAD on a few songs on YHF - Pot Kettle Black, Kamera (album version). Open D (DADF#AD) on Radio Cure. Poor Places may be open D down a step (CBCE#BC). I'll give the doc version a listen. I'm pretty sure Jay has a capo on 3 and plays it the "normal" way (G,D,Em,C,A7,C)...

sorry for falling asleep on this one.

He uses DADAAD on a few songs on YHF - Pot Kettle Black, Kamera (album version). Open D (DADF#AD) on Radio Cure. Poor Places may be open D down a step (CBCE#BC). I'll give the doc version a listen. I'm pretty sure Jay has a capo on 3 and plays it the "normal" way (G,D,Em,C,A7,C)...

Cheers mate -

yeah, I think yr right - but Jeff plays it solo ( I think, if memory serves - not seen it in a while...) with Tony M looking on & some comment is made about the gorgeously deep sound of the guitar.

• 2 years later...
Hey guys,

apologies if this has been covered before...

Anyone know what tunings Jeff uses?

Pretty sure there's that Open-C tuning from the movie IATTBYH ....any others?

Ta.

not sure how much of jeff's playing you've listened to, but I figured while we're talking tunings someone should throw in that if you want to play a lot of his stuff, you're definitely going to need a capo. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...