put your razor where your Bush is!

Hey missy Sarah! :wave

Fakeliz brought home little cakelets from Andres the Confisserie Suisse.

I am all swoony with love feelings that come when eating potent chocolate. :wub

What a delightful roommate.

Is this what Andre the Giant changed his name to? I don't like it.

Sarah, when you gonna post a pic from your job? You're at the aquarium, no?

Caveat: * NOTE: Rhubarb leaves contain high amounts of oxalic acid. If ingested, your heart will stop and you will die.

:blink

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably when i go back to school. the internet at my house sucks. i had to go to the library to upload concert photos... just about 2 months left of summer.

Well, enjoy. :wave

There are no longer contractors working in my house. :D

I owe a lot of money to the ones who were there over the past couple of days, but now the house has returned to "normal" for the first time in a couple of months. Our basement leakage has been taken care of (with jackhammers and such), and we have new concrete drying where the work was done. The cats now have the full run of the house again.

I think we may have one more contractor job to get done this year (a new back step), but after that I don't want to see another one of those people for a long time.

i'm ready for school to start again.

how have you been johnny?

Not bad, thank you. Got some exhibits lined up, talking to a hotel chain about putting art in their rooms (we'll just have to see if that goes anywhere), running, painting, had a nice visit from M Chris & Co.

You still playing guitar? (Hint: the answer better be yes). :badger :guitar

There are no longer contractors working in my house. :D

I owe a lot of money to the ones who were there over the past couple of days, but now the house has returned to "normal" for the first time in a couple of months. Our basement leakage has been taken care of (with jackhammers and such), and we have new concrete drying where the work was done. The cats now have the full run of the house again.

I think we may have one more contractor job to get done this year (a new back step), but after that I don't want to see another one of those people for a long time.

That's gotta feel good. :cheers

That's gotta feel good. :cheers

:yes As a (still) new homeowner, I'm definitely learning to appreciate the little things ... like the five minutes each year that nothing's leaking, backing up, breaking, peeling, etc.

Never heard of it.

Small caveat: Rhubarb leaves contain high amounts of oxalic acid. If ingested, your heart will stop and you will die.

:hmm

I am now thinking of William H Macy in Fargo

"I'll fax those VIN's over right away; yep, we're gonna fax 'em over right now"

Man, I love the brothers Coen.

Have a good trip, Lou!

Guest Laminated Kat

I am house sitting for my boss and it is like being on vacation. The man lives in a mini paradise. He has a yoga /meditation room that I would like to lock myself in for eternity.

A little weird sleeping in his bed, using his shower, etc. though.....

Guest Laminated Kat
It's the "etc." that I'd be worried about. :ermm

:lol Yeah :ninja

He left me some books, inlcuding one on how to meditate. This is something I need right now but I have no idea how to do it or where to begin. I've got a week with his mediation room, so I am hoping I can figure it out before he gets back.

He left me some books, inlcuding one on how to meditate. This is something I need right now but I have no idea how to do it or where to begin. I've got a week with his mediation room, so I am hoping I can figure it out before he gets back.

I am by no means an expert on meditation, but the one thing that's always helped me is the idea of observing your breaths. Breathe deeply (but not artificially so), in through the nose and out through the mouth, and observe the air passing through your body. This technique helps me to purge other thoughts from my head, and even when it doesn't work like I'd hoped, at the bare minimum it gets me good and relaxed.

But, like I said, I'm no expert -- this is just what works for me. Your mileage may vary.