This is weird...i don't see anything included from the EP and I believe Love and Mercy was released on a Rolling Stone Magazine release.

I thought I downloaded a version of "Too Drunk to Dream" by Golden Smog a couple years ago...I would love to hear that again.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think a greatest hits is weird...but I'm surprised by the negative comments Golden Smog gets on this board. There a classin "B-side" like band to me, and I am continuously blown away by songs like Until You Came Along, Jennifer Save Me, Reflections on Me, Radio King, etc. No, Another Fine Day isn't the greatest album, but I highly enjoyed it especially in comparison to the heap of crap out there today. 99 percent of bands are less worthy of a retrospective album than Golden Smog.

I do think a greatest hits is weird...but I'm surprised by the negative comments Golden Smog gets on this board.

I just don't think the songs are there, other than a handful. Just seems like they really mailed it in, and I guess that was the whole idea, but considering the people involved, the project could have been so much better.

Plus, the worst live band I've ever seen, bar done. And that's out of over a thousand bands. Just a pitiful live show

I just don't think the songs are there, other than a handful. Just seems like they really mailed it in, and I guess that was the whole idea, but considering the people involved, the project could have been so much better.

Plus, the worst live band I've ever seen, bar done. And that's out of over a thousand bands. Just a pitiful live show

Do you not like Golden Smog?

Me: Did you guys get the new Golden Smog album in today?

Cd guy: No - I didn't think anyone would buy it. I forgot about you. You like that weird music. Do you want me to order it?

Me: :hmm

:lol That's classic.

i'm disappointed there isn't more stuff on there. if you've got the original cd's already, what's the incentive?

2 songs? who gives a crap. rhino can do better than that. this is just lame.

record label release... i'm guessing their contract w/ Ryko included a greatest hits/compilation release before they're done

record label release... i'm guessing their contract w/ Ryko included a greatest hits/compilation release before they're done

would've loved to have seen a live and rare track release instead. oh well, maybe it will get some new fans into the g.s. fold.

wow... i've seen Golden Smog 6 or 7 times (2 with Tweedy) and they've been fantastic every time :/

Yeah, I've only seen them a few times, but one show in particular at First Avenue stands out as one of the best live shows I've attended and the others were still fantastic.

Yeah, I've only seen them a few times, but one show in particular at First Avenue stands out as one of the best live shows I've attended and the others were still fantastic.

Best show I've ever seen by far, Golden Smog, 400 Bar, 8/7/03. :wub