Bush always doing what's right

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this one of the human beings the Constitution had in mind? What the fuck ... they didn't even

provide that rights were applicable to anyone but white men! There's a couple other versions

of embryonic stem cell legislation that are apparently 'less objectionable' and likely to get past

the # of votes required to override that brainless twit's veto.

embryo.jpg

and his table manners are deplorable. Talk about respect and dignity. Ha!

why does Bush hate people?

I was hoping you knew....maybe it's because of his political affiliation :yay

Why wouldn't we want to make advances in science and technology that could possibly provide enormous benefits to the human race? Oh, the moral right thinks it is wrong...really smart. What a moron. Way to legislate morality. :angry

Why wouldn't we want to make advances in science and technology that could possibly provide enormous benefits to the human race? Oh, the moral right thinks it is wrong...really smart. What a moron. Way to legislate morality. :angry

Not forcing taxpayers to pay for embryonic stem cell research is legislating morality?

embryo.jpg

and his table manners are deplorable. Talk about respect and dignity. Ha!

My nephew insists that he could, as an egg, hear me and his mom fighting when we were kids. And Bush is a tool. Hopefully the ghost of Christopher Reeve will torment him for eternity.

Not forcing taxpayers to pay for embryonic stem cell research is legislating morality?

I have a moral objection to the government using most of my tax dollars to kill people who

have actually been born, while failing to provide for citizens who lack the most basic survival

needs.

The only thing that gives me any satisfaction in relation to this moron sitting at the helm is that

karma's got him in its sights.

Only four votes shy of overturning the veto. Let's here: the majority of the house, the majority of the senate and 60% of Americans (according to a poll on the news last night) in favor of passing this bill, yet it's rejected because King George says so? His whole presidency has been one big power grab in terms of executive powers. I just hope that someone with a little sense will step in next time and try to reel in some of these changes, but I fear that we'll be still smarting from the Bush adminstration's doings several terms down the road.

What these neo-cons are calling "democracy" looks more like a theocratic dictatorship, or an oligarchy at the least, from where I stand.

Dubbed "Snowflake Kids," the children were all conceived through in vitro fertilization (IVF) and frozen as embryos. They were adopted by new parents and implanted in the uterus of their adoptive mom, who gave birth to them. Like snowflakes, each is unique.

Ahh, got it. Never heard of that. Well, as a person that currently has a frozen embryo and going through the oft emotionally draining process of trying to find a way to conceive a child...I don't see the bad in preferring that said embryo be 'adopted' should we decide not to have another child and someone have the opportunity to give birth as well.

I see the benefit of stem cell research and i'm actually for it (thusly, not a huge fan of this veto)...however, some of you guys seem to be speaking in absolutes again w/out really knowing how hard it is to make that decision. You can say they become a 'real' person at X days/months/weeks, but still...we made that embryo, it comes from the both of us...it's not the 'oh yeah, we don't want it, just donate it to science' thing you think it is. Much like viatroy's moral stance against the war, this isn't just another clear cut political or scientific debate.

and back to the snowflake comment earlier, what is the matter w/ any of those kids being 'snowflake' kids? I think that's wonderful that two people who desperately wanted to be parents and share their love w/ someone get the opportunity to do so...and the child receiving the opportunity to be loved is pretty cool too.

Ahh, got it. Never heard of that. Well, as a person that currently has a frozen embryo and going through the oft emotionally draining process of trying to find a way to conceive a child...I don't see the bad in preferring that said embryo be 'adopted' should we decide not to have another child and someone have the opportunity to give birth as well.

I see the benefit of stem cell research and i'm actually for it (thusly, not a huge fan of this veto)...however, some of you guys seem to be speaking in absolutes again w/out really knowing how hard it is to make that decision. You can say they become a 'real' person at X days/months/weeks, but still...we made that embryo, it comes from the both of us...it's not the 'oh yeah, we don't want it, just donate it to science' thing you think it is. Much like viatroy's moral stance against the war, this isn't just another clear cut political or scientific debate.

and back to the snowflake comment earlier, what is the matter w/ any of those kids being 'snowflake' kids? I think that's wonderful that two people who desperately wanted to be parents and share their love w/ someone get the opportunity to do so...and the child receiving the opportunity to be loved is pretty cool too.

Ah, but let's be clear. These are not even embryos, but cell clusters that may or may not one day become embryos that may or may not become fetus that may or may not become born human beings. This is the problem with Bush's rhetoric. Besides, the cells pertaining to this legislation are left over and slated for destruction as medical waste. These are cells that are not being adopted and the parents do not want them.

As he vetoed the bill, he signed another that was passed unanimously in both chambers that would ban "fetal farming," the prospect of raising and aborting fetuses for scientific research.

Is this even a real thing? Has anyone ever actually proposed doing this?

Bush probably saw it in a movie once.